coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i can tolerate a bit but this is too much for a piece i've waited two years...If i want it to fit like it's supposed to..it results in a gap between the shoulder and the rest of the right arm...

pic10.jpg

pic9.jpg

And i also had the little inner mouth with 2 teeth broken ( nothing in the box so packed like that)

pic6.jpg

Probably just send you an arm that?s not warped. Lol.

Easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's hope it will be the case and that it will fit perfectly this time, depending if the issue is on the body side or te foot side. Otherwise the piece is amazing, paintjob georgous..what they did with the head is insane. But when you got issues it takes off a bit the pleasure and the excitment.

Just got mine. Had same issue with right arm. Will post thoughts and pics later. It sure is dark. All the photos make it look a lot lighter than it really is. Still beautiful.

Same issue with ill-fitting right arm here as well. That said, this thing is F""""""""" INCREDIBLE!

a3%20small.jpg~original

Last edited:
Man come on big bad toys, get this in stock soon lol! Killing me seeing everyone get these and still waiting...

Here's my 2 cents, FWIW.

The box is huge of course. It came packed inside the shipper box with styrofoam on all sides top and bottom and with foam corners and looked a tad beat up. Not sure if this was like that or from shipping. It comes with instructions and each piece is lovingly wrapped in silky cloth. I ended up with #238 of the deluxe edition.

alien3_03.jpg

alien3_04.jpg

alien3_01.jpg

The base is ridiculous. I cannot get over how heavy it is! May as well be made of concrete.
alien3_02.jpg

The first thing I noticed was how dark the paint is. It's more of a walnut look than the burnt sienna pics I've grown accustomed to. I had heard that someone had issues with chips and fingerprints on the dome so I carefully looked over these areas and almost paniced with the closed mouth version. It looked like the front of the dome was scratched. I gently wiped it with a microfiber cloth and water and whatever it was, it came off. No scratches. The clearcoat is a little rough under the backside of the dome probably due to pooling but it's not noticeable. As a test, I took a pic of it outside and sure enough, it lightened up in color. You can see the weirdness at the front of the dome. This was before I wiped it down.
alien3_06.jpg

The next thing I noticed was ill fitting to the base. I kind of expected this. Yes the right arm leans inward when fully seated in the shoulder socket. The left hand did not sit fully against the base and you could see the pin sticking up underneath.

This is what I did. And I'll warn you now. If you decide to do this, use caution. You can easily run you 2K statue. I took the right arm off and put the creature on the base. I pushed down on the left arm as much as I dared and then I started gently heating the fingers with a heat gun. You don't want to rush it. Be prepared to take a lot of time. You do not want to heat them up too quickly. They will eventually turn slightly rubber-like. I was then able to fully seat the hand into the base. I let it cool so as to hold that position when removed from the base.

The right arm took longer. I had contemplated boiling it in water to soften it but I don't have a pot big enough so I used the heat gun. I kept moving it all over the arm concentrating on the elbow area. Every now and then I would apply pressure to it to see if it had any give. Do not press hard or you could damage it. I've had pieces feel like they are moving only to snap in two because I was in a hurry. Just keep running the heat over it and keep it moving. If you hold it too long in one area, you could scortch it. Once it seemed bendy enough, I would peg it to the body and hold it with one hand. With my other hand I would gently bend the arm over and forward. First try it didn't move much. Back to the heat. Try again. I did this three or four times until it moved to where I wanted it to go.

Plastics usually have a memory so I pushed it just a tad further than what I wanted. This is to account for it maybe moving back to the way it was. I took a bit of wood and used it as a brace between the arms to keep it from moving and misted it with cold water. I then let it set for a few hours before removing the wooden brace. This is the result.
alien3_05.jpg

burtial just came up with his own youtube Dog Alien video. But I won?t post it. He might want to do it himself. It?s spectacular!

I paid first installment yesterday. I?ll get my Dog in a couple of months from now.

Thanks for pics, your Doggies look so friggin awesome!!

Thanks Galactusz! I really love this piece. It has been worth the long wait for sure. Here is my review for those that may be interested-

@Clutch, nicely done! I wish i had your skill but i won't take that risk as i've been offered a full replacement, have to send it back waiting for instructions. Hope the new one will be without any issue. Congrats to all of you getting this master piece!

Back