coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the teeth were the one thing they let coolprops do:lol

That shouldn't be too hard to fix, but not something you want to have to do on your new piece.

Hopefully in person the teeth will look better. I usually find that to be the case, albeit with statues a lot smaller.

I just think they look softly moulded, with a too thick paint application. Some dark shading between the teeth would of been nice too.

indeed, teeth looks a little bit weird but that's one "side shot with a flash" so i will only trust what i see with daylight

Hopefully in person the teeth will look better. I usually find that to be the case, albeit with statues a lot smaller.

I just think they look softly moulded, with a too thick paint application. Some dark shading between the teeth would of been nice too.

Agree and doesn't look that bad on this pic. The whole piece is so amazing...sculpt and paint...waow..i'm so impressed each time i look at it.

DOG.JPG

indeed, teeth looks a little bit weird but that's one "side shot with a flash" so i will only trust what i see with daylight

You can clearly see it isn't the flash causing the issue. Hopefully it may just be one bad one that slipped through QC. I sure would contact them if mine shows up like that.

If mine turns out bad I'll send the heads off to the person who cleaned up and repainted my lsb warrior. It may of turned out too brown, but the teeth were done really nicely.

For a prepaint, that isn't bad AT ALL. I was expecting a lot worse. Makes my Michael Burnett maquette look like it was painted by a preschooler.

The teeth will look better in person I'm sure. They don't look too bad anyway apart from that one bad picture. Let's put it into context and remember what Sideshow's Alien teeth look like at even larger scales......

:rotfl

XmvOot1.jpg

The teeth will look better in person I'm sure. They don't look too bad anyway apart from that one bad picture. Let's put it into context and remember what Sideshow's Alien teeth look like at even larger scales......

:rotfl

XmvOot1.jpg

Ah . . . Sadshow . . . I'd almost forgotten about them . . . . :)

Those Sideshow half scale bust teeth are a pretty low bar:lol
Ah . . . Sadshow . . . I'd almost forgotten about them . . . . :)

Lowest of the low for sure lol, but it's what we've been given so far. Sadly it is sitting right next to me so I can't forget about them :lol I really should fix them up a bit. Coolprops did okay with their Big chap head to be fair, and I don't think the teeth are bad at all on this dog considering.

Lowest of the low for sure lol, but it's what we've been given so far. Sadly it is sitting right next to me so I can't forget about them :lol I really should fix them up a bit. Coolprops did okay with their Big chap head to be fair, and I don't think the teeth are bad at all on this dog considering.

You should definitely get out the alien dental kit for those busts. I would have if i'd have kept mine, they aren't bad otherwise if you get one without the many qc issues they had.

You should definitely get out the alien dental kit for those busts. I would have if i'd have kept mine, they aren't bad otherwise if you get one without the many qc issues they had.

Mine looks good if you stand back, but it's a treasure trove of issues. I'm so happy that Prime 1 and others are making Aliens and Predators now.

I just received another delay message, my last flex is due early August. I was as shocked as you guys..... :lol

On the plus side, I stumbled across this image online (Not sure whom it belongs to, sorry) We can argue all we want about accuracy etc, but both of these new maquettes look amazing. The old Sideshow version has held "grail" status for years, and both of these render it almost irrelevant for me so that's saying something.

The image does however enforce my opinion that the Prime 1 version is the one for me, even if I had $6k+ to blow, it just offers a lot more bang for your buck, I also hadn't realised quite how much larger it was.

hwSq2MD.jpg

I have to say that this newest delay made things easier for me financially, I've had a few unforeseen expenses these past few days. Still, I'm guessing this will be the final delay, since a lot of chinese collectors already have these in-hand...

Python that photo is incredible. A very lucky collector indeed!

Back