coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics from Shangai Wonder Fest, i don't know if it's a production piece.

View attachment 456773

It does look like a production piece.

I could be wrong but I think they also found a way to affix the two front leg/arms to the base. The palm’s seem to sit more flat as if the were secured to the base more. The palm’s on the prototype sat up more off the base.

I was thinking you would need all four limbs secured to the base to make this piece work and they were having issues with it they said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's some good news !!

64220525_2245868528864876_3269424183406231552_n.jpg

Looks pretty damn good imo, they actually improved a few concerns, they have also rotated the tail tip. If nothing else, it could maybe use a little more of a tint to the dome. But you'd never get a paint app anything like this in a million years from Sideshow or coolprops etc. I had pretty much decide to cancel this, not because I love it any less (still one of the best Alien collectibles ever made imo) But only because I seriously want the ludicrously expensive Mamegyorai Big chap and can't afford both. But now I'm questioning that decision again. This thing is going to make for one heck of a centerpiece I think.

Looks great. Looking forward to it. Can't say the same to that 1/1 hand on the right though...

As I've said on the other forum, anyone else think the dome goes down far too low at the front side? Makes the lower jaw look tiny like a piranha. Because of this I think the open mouth head looks better.

Still doesn't put me off getting it though.

Well, take a look at these

I think its just the angle in way the photos are taken.

Attachments

• IMG_3283.jpg
    IMG_3283.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3273.jpg
    IMG_3273.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3269.jpg
    IMG_3269.jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 88
yes, i'm not worried, now that we have seen the beast...I just wish we would be able to pay the last balance now and the shipping next month ...i'm just afraid of the shipping costs to Europe, this plus taxes it will be around 1K more to pay next month..

yes, i'm not worried, now that we have seen the beast...I just wish we would be able to pay the last balance now and the shipping next month ...i'm just afraid of the shipping costs to Europe, this plus taxes it will be around 1K more to pay next month..

that worries me too. hopefully the shipping won't be as bad as we think it could be :pray:

The tail bugs me. When it is straight, the tip curves up. Unless that tail has a twist in it, it looks upside down to me.

The tail bugs me. When it is straight, the tip curves up. Unless that tail has a twist in it, it looks upside down to me.

Depends on what is used as reference. On the Boss filming puppet the tip would face up if it was straight. On the original ADI 1/3 scale maquettes the tip would face down if straight and no twists in the tail.This is how ADI had it orientated in the original design.The SS 1/3 scale maquette has it oriented to the original design.

The new ADI 1/3 scale maquettes have it posed like the puppet with the tip facing up if it was straight with no twists.

Coolprops had it oriented to the original ADI design and then Prime1 changed it and now Prime1 has orientated it back,which now matches the original design again.

Here is a picture of one of the original ADI maquettes that was given to the screenwriter of A3,the late John Fasano.Closely follow the orientation of the tail to the tip.Next is one of the Boss Filming puppets.Boss made changes for the puppet that slightly differed from the original ADI design.If you look closely you will also notice that Boss Film shortened the tail by several segments on the puppet vs. the original ADI design. Count the segments :)

Alien-3-ADI-Alien-3-Rod-Puppet-Maquette-1.jpg

2665-0001.jpg

The CP/P1 piece.

image.jpeg

Alien-3-Dog-Alien-Maquette-029.jpg

61599503_1561566620643701_2128178120682930510_n.jpg

As I've said on the other forum, anyone else think the dome goes down far too low at the front side? Makes the lower jaw look tiny like a piranha. Because of this I think the open mouth head looks better.

Still doesn't put me off getting it though.

CP/P1 looked to have very closely tried to match the look of the head on the fullsize piece that ADI made for promotion of the film and was used for the cover photo on the CineFX magazine.

Here is a picture of the fullsize when it was still hanging in ADI's shop. Below that is the CineFX maqazine cover photo.

IMG_2930.jpg

55501482_2170932596275729_5614921238389456896_n.jpg

Back