coolprops---dog alien maquette!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
either the color in the video is ****ed or this is painted ****ed.

Paint looks darker in the production pics posted earlier. Not sure what’s going on with these videos showing a lighter coloring effect.

Let’s hope it comes out great because if not I’ll be buying some cool comic statues instead. Lol.

Should be alright though. Prime1 looks to be making this one really great. You can show so much detail in these 1/3 pieces. They’ve demonstrated that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That video is from almost a year ago, so the one on display is definitely proto. Differences should just be camera and lighting then.

Didn’t realize it was that long ago. Wow.
Seems to be the case though. I saw one set of pics were the piece had a pissy color. Lol.

I think we are all just getting really anxious.

Shouldn’t be long. [emoji846]

They’re more concerned with the Marvel and DC lines. I’ve gotten early release notices on 2 pieces already.

I’ve thought about it and I don’t think there’s too much going with this piece that they shouldn’t be able to pump him out on time.

Is there a lack of interest on this piece? People on Facebook seem pretty excited about him.

What are they waiting for?

I’ve been debating getting the Giger Alien as a companion to the Dog. Or even would look cool with the Shockwave nearby, getting him too, as well as Ecc pennywise

So I talked to sideshow and they will give me a full refund on the Dog since it’s been delayed for more than 90days.

Figure I’d take the refund and buy the Alien Maquette. I’ll just reorder the Dog and pay for it in cash when it comes out. Whenever that will be..

Was gonna wait Prime1 to do a Giger version. But the CoolProps has Giger’s name on it. And who knows when that P1 will do one, are they even going to do 1/3?

Gonna give it a day to think about.

What do you guys think?

Burtial’s YouTube review sold me on the Giger Maquette.

It looks so big as he’s standing next to it and with the upright pose the Alien has it looks more imposing, even with that static pose it has, kinda weird.

Okay maybe not..

After seeing the prototype paint and then the production in Burtials video, I’ve decided against it. What a huge let down by CoolProps..

I’ll be keeping my Dog order and holding out for a better Giger Alien.

I wish this would ship already.. lol.

Okay maybe not..

After seeing the prototype paint and then the production in Burtials video, I’ve decided against it. What a huge let down by CoolProps..

I’ll be keeping my Dog order and holding out for a better Giger Alien.

I wish this would ship already.. lol.

It really has a lot to do with lighting. The highlights are there, but not as pronounced as in the prototype. 5 minutes of dry brushing would get him there. I still recomend him. lol

But back to this guy, I'm ready for this to finally ship. It feels like its been foooorrrreeeevvvveeerrrrrrrrrr..............

It really has a lot to do with lighting. The highlights are there, but not as pronounced as in the prototype. 5 minutes of dry brushing would get him there. I still recomend him. lol

But back to this guy, I'm ready for this to finally ship. It feels like its been foooorrrreeeevvvveeerrrrrrrrrr..............

Yeah, the wait is really pissing me off.

I need my Alien fix ASAP. [emoji30][emoji30]

I’ll take a 3rd look at the CP Giger Maquette.

Could you send me better pics of lit up?

So I talked to sideshow and they will give me a full refund on the Dog since it’s been delayed for more than 90days.

Figure I’d take the refund and buy the Alien Maquette. I’ll just reorder the Dog and pay for it in cash when it comes out. Whenever that will be..

Was gonna wait Prime1 to do a Giger version. But the CoolProps has Giger’s name on it. And who knows when that P1 will do one, are they even going to do 1/3?

Gonna give it a day to think about.

What do you guys think?

I've been considering doing the same for some time. Or just keeping the refund (save for a deposit on the Prime 1 City Hunter statue when it's up) I don't know.... If I knew for sure this DX Dog would still be available a year or so down the line when I'm in a better place financially (house is costing an awful lot currently) It would be an easy decision to make. I still want it for sure and maintain that it's a beauty! But at the same time, a lack of similar items in this line has dented it's appeal very slightly in the sense that the ultimate 1/3 lineup from P1 & CP will not not happen. I'm considering going for all 1/4 pieces from P1, we all know they'll make another Dog all of their own eventually.

I've been considering doing the same for some time. Or just keeping the refund (save for a deposit on the Prime 1 City Hunter statue when it's up) I don't know.... If I knew for sure this DX Dog would still be available a year or so down the line when I'm in a better place financially (house is costing an awful lot currently) It would be an easy decision to make. I still want it for sure and maintain that it's a beauty! But at the same time, a lack of similar items in this line has dented it's appeal very slightly in the sense that the ultimate 1/3 lineup from P1 & CP will not not happen. I'm considering going for all 1/4 pieces from P1, we all know they'll make another Dog all of their own eventually.

I'm pretty sure the P1 Big Chap will be 1/3 as they mentionned before and their Warrior too. It's the Pred line, and the comics Alien and Pred line in 1/4.

Yeah, there’s too much other stuff out right now that I want and not enough Alien statues.

Im mainly looking for 1/3 pieces in general. A few in 1/2 scale. I don’t really care if no one makes another Alien Predator in the same 1/3 scale. Well I do, but that’s not stopping from buying the Dog.

I’m gonna be the guy that has more than just Alien in my collection. But all same scale except for a few pieces.

The can’t do 1/4 scale anymore. I might grab one Predator from that new line that’s coming and that’s it. But I’ll probably put him with my other 1/4 scale statues that are not Predator Alien per say.

As far as the Dog sits right now. I do think I am going to cancel. By the time he comes out I’ll be able to afford him again. Whether that be 2 months from now or even 4 months after he’s been released. I think he’ll be very obtainable. Not gonna get hung up on the Ex either, whatever is available.

Going to use the refund and by The Joker 1/2 scale. I always wanted it and it is almost sold out at Prime1. So I’m gonna snag one. Gonna give it a few days to think about.

And who knows maybe we’ll see an Alien in some form in half scale. That would cost about he same as the Dog ... just shy a few hundred or so. That to me would be more epic. Having an Alien and Heath Joker in the same scale, same room... [emoji2957]

We will see.

But for now, there’s too much coming out. It’s hard to stay focused on something that’s not even out and you have all these other interests. You got kind of just grab what you like and stay in the moment. The here and now. [emoji846]

Back