Coolprops Celtic Predator bio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:hi5: Ya if the stand is cool and the final product looks good that will have to be my third wolf bio :lol I was a little underwhelmed by the initial pics tho comparing them to the SS and DX versions :dunno

Keep in mind that the biomask you're referring to was a "screen used prop", according to Mika of Coolprops. It appears to be the stunt helmet.
If Coolprops were to release a battle damaged Wolf bio, I would think that they would complete all the details, i.e. gold trim around each of the thorns on the crown, include the targeting laser, better weathering, etc.

Fingers crossed that they move forward on this project.

This mask looks awesome!:)

Yup! Even in it's current state, it still looks awesome. It's the design itself. Wolf's bio has lots of cool features. Even the owner of the bio is a bit of a bad@ss.

Everything about Wolf is appealing.

Here's the irrefutable proof:

He has a huge fan base despite being in the WORST movie in the Predator franchise. LOL!

Yup! Even in it's current state, it still looks awesome. It's the design itself. Wolf's bio has lots of cool features. Even the owner of the bio is a bit of a bad@ss.

Everything about Wolf is appealing.

Here's the irrefutable proof:

He has a huge fan base despite being in the WORST movie in the Predator franchise. LOL!

I consider the Wolf Predator the most bad ass of all the Predators we've seen onscreen. Probably also helps that I'm a big fan of Pulp Fiction too!

Much nicer than the Sideshow one I own. I'd like another biomask...but hoping CoolProps deliver one from the 1st movie. I'd find it hard to resist a Berserker biomask too; missed out first time around. Wolf I like...terrible, terrible movie though.

I consider the Wolf Predator the most bad ass of all the Predators we've seen onscreen. Probably also helps that I'm a big fan of Pulp Fiction too!

Much nicer than the Sideshow one I own. I'd like another biomask...but hoping CoolProps deliver one from the 1st movie. I'd find it hard to resist a Berserker biomask too; missed out first time around. Wolf I like...terrible, terrible movie though.
Many predator fans will agree with you both. :duff

I was watching a review video of the Sideshow Celtic mask....

Are the lens one piece with the mask?

That caught my eye as the reviewer showed a close-up of the mask. That's cheap if so.

The Coolprops Celtic mask uses a separate piece for the lens as it should be.

I was watching a review video of the Sideshow Celtic mask....

Are the lens one piece with the mask?

That caught my eye as the reviewer showed a close-up of the mask. That's cheap if so.

The Coolprops Celtic mask uses a separate piece for the lens as it should be.

I wouldn't even use the term lens, the Sideshow mask had no hint of a lens, just a flattened off area that was painted exactly the same as the rest of the mask. One of the worst examples of cheaping out I've ever seen, and it looked horrible.

I wouldn't even use the term lens, the Sideshow mask had no hint of a lens, just a flattened off area that was painted exactly the same as the rest of the mask. One of the worst examples of cheaping out I've ever seen, and it looked horrible.

So it is one piece then. :yuck

So it is one piece then. :yuck

Yep...

BfoU4Za.jpg

Modified...

yhZTZXP.jpg

Yep...

BfoU4Za.jpg

Modified...

yhZTZXP.jpg

Oh daayumm! Yeah, that's what it looked like from the vid I saw, but this close-up pic really shows how awful that is.

That lens mod is very good.
It makes a significant improvement because we're naturally wired to be drawn towards the eyes of any face or mask. So it's one of the first things we notice.

Thanks for the pics. :duff

To be honest, I never fully modded it. That was just a practice run I did quickly with some clear plastic and a few rattle cans. But it looked okay and I never got around to doing it a little neater & bluer as I intended. My Celtic mask has been hiding away in my garage for a good year or two. When I move, I may revisit it and give it a full repaint as the production pieces were dire.

To be honest, I never fully modded it. That was just a practice run I did quickly with some clear plastic and a few rattle cans. But it looked okay and I never got around to doing it a little neater & bluer as I intended. My Celtic mask has been hiding away in my garage for a good year or two. When I move, I may revisit it and give it a full repaint as the production pieces were dire.

Well you certainly were headed in the right direction mate. It looks much better.
When you get around to repainting, bring the lens darker a few shades. But not too much...

blog_lensdebate_ss10s.jpg

WTF?! Sorry to hear this. Did you contact the seller to exchange it?

Yes. Seller asked how I wanted to proceed. I let them know I'd accept either a replacement or just return. First experience with a Coolprops product. :slap

My stand has the same issue. Doesn't really bother me. When the bio is fitted it's not to bad

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 36
Back