Contest: How fast will the Qui-Gon 12" sell-out

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
denger4000 said:
Wow, is it just me or is that really fast?

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing.... For the amount of griping I heard about this exclusive not being exciting... It sure did sell like Hotcakes!! :monkey1

Could it have been because there were less people trying to order? If less people were trying to get in, the servers would have been faster, therefore they would have sold faster. I think the less people are interested, the faster the sellout will be. For the Fetts and the Siths, it will probably take a while to sell out because the servers will be taking an absolute smackdown.

After checking a couple sites, to make sure everyone was on the same page for the sell out time. I have determined that Viking28 is the winner and I have sent him a PM to claim his prize. Congrats to Viking on the win and thanks to everyone for playing. I'll search through my stuff and try and do this again for the next SW 12" exclusive figure.

Blake said:
Could it have been because there were less people trying to order? If less people were trying to get in, the servers would have been faster, therefore they would have sold faster. I think the less people are interested, the faster the sellout will be. For the Fetts and the Siths, it will probably take a while to sell out because the servers will be taking an absolute smackdown.

That is an interesting theory, Blake. It may have some truth to it.

I do think that the site is getting hit hard no matter who is up for sale. Qui-Gon and Mace have both gone well for me, after Han being one of my worst priority preorders yet. (Of course, after Han I switched to Firefox and now swear by it. 2-3 minute orders every time since then.)

I have no doubt that when the first Sith hits the fans, the site will come crashing down around us.

tomandshell said:
Wow--what a thought! I sure hope they're not for sale!!!

I don't like the idea either, but 2000 units in under a half-hour has got to be attractive to Hasbro and everyone has a price... If it does happen I only hope it's as smooth and respectful as when Wendy's bought Baja Fresh.

I have to admit, of all the SW figures so far, I really thought Qui-Gon would take the longest to sell out. So many people were saying how they were tired of the Jedi or they didn't want prequel figures. I thought he would at least take as long as Han. I wonder why Solo took so long to sell considering that he's more of an iconic figure in the SW universe and he had such a cool exclusive.

Han and Qui-Gon both had an edition size of 2000 pieces for the exclusive version. Han took over an hour to sell out, Qui-Gon took less than thirty minutes.

I am not surrpised on the Qui-Gon fast sell out time. Word is out on this line and he is a popular character with not as much merchandise out there as others.

We're definitely seeing the effects of more speculators jumping in; wait until this is released, there will be dozens (probably hundreds!) listed on ebay!

Well, I just don't think Han is really that popular as far as collecting goes. I've seen several SW fans on other sites say Han is the Pegwarmer of the main characters.

jlcmsu said:
I've seen several SW fans on other sites say Han is the Pegwarmer of the main characters.

I would agree with that. Target and Wallyworlds Star Wars pegs are chocked full of nothing but Han Solo and Bib Fortuna figures.

jlcmsu said:
Well, I just don't think Han is really that popular as far as collecting goes. I've seen several SW fans on other sites say Han is the Pegwarmer of the main characters.
It could also be that we'll see different versions of Han in the future. I don't think we'll see any more versions of Qui-Gon.

Back