Considering getting into the Indy 12" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jediknight120

Super Freak
Reaction score
Making a new thread because I didn't want to turn the figure-specific threads into an argument. :D

I'm considering getting into the Indy 1/6 line and I can't decide if I want to go with Raiders Indy or KotCS Indy as my first piece. Raiders is more "iconic" Indy to me (and my second favorite of the Indy films, I'm one of those weirdos who thinks Last Crusade is the best), but I think the KotCS Indy is a better representation of the character sculpt and outfit wise. Plus I quite enjoyed KotCS.

Anyone who owns both have an opinion?

That's like asking which one of my children I love more. :lol

With you being a bigger fan of Last Crusade, I think you would be happier with the KOTCS Indy.

With you being a bigger fan of Last Crusade, I think you would be happier with the KOTCS Indy.

QFT. :lecture

I actually have the Raiders Indy, but I bought the KOTCS head and jacket from Toy Anxiety (along the skull...and the mask...and the dagger...) for an alternate display option and it's already become my favorite. It's not screen accurate, but it's close enough for me and my "only one version of a character on display at a time" rule.

Still, if you can only buy one, it sounds like KOTCS is the Indy for you.

I concur. The KOTCS Indy came out great, with minimal futzing needed right out of the box. He comes fully loaded with great accessories and I've been really happy with him.

Raiders Indy is...pretty okay. Unfortunately, the pro body that came with this Indy is a bit loose, although I personally have found the body to be adequate as it holds the various poses I've put him in. He also comes with great accessories, and admittedly, he needs a bit more futzing out of the box to get him to look right. But the one thing that I'm most bothered with is the poor paint apps. There is a terrific sculpt hidden behind the bad paint job, I assure you. I myself decided to repaint him, but I didn't do as extreme a repaint as some others have done. I only touched up his eyes and stubble, and I'm perfectly happy with him now. You should look through the customization thread and see some of the magnificent repaints that have been done by our fellow freaks here.

So, in conclusion, I would say start with KOTCS Indy, then once you're happy with that one, get the Raiders Indy but prepare to do a little work on him. Of course, that all depends on your personal tolerance of what is acceptable and what isn't. YMMV.

One more thing. Go Hastings has Raiders Indy for around $55 (through amazon) - $60 (through their own site), a great deal if you ask me.

Thanks for the opinions guys. Just placed my order for KotCS Indy. I really liked Crystal Skull... it was the first Indy that I got to see in theaters, and I thought it was a fun 50's commie-hating sci-fi B movie. Disliked a couple things about it but overall it was a fun adventure, and to me that's what Indy is about.

You won't be disappointed! I LOVE Raiders above all others but it was Sideshow's first Indy and they've come along way since then. I've spent a small fortune customizing my Raiders Indy to be more screen accurate but KotCS needs practically nothing done to it!

Thanks for the opinions guys. Just placed my order for KotCS Indy. I really liked Crystal Skull... it was the first Indy that I got to see in theaters, and I thought it was a fun 50's commie-hating sci-fi B movie. Disliked a couple things about it but overall it was a fun adventure, and to me that's what Indy is about.

Welcome to the addiction my friend....

Personally, I would get the PF from gohastings.com for $200 and never buy any other SSC Indy collectible.

If I could I would trade my 12" ROTLA Indy, the pedestal and the Belloq for it.

I ended up purchasing both Indy's and making my own custom one. However, if you don't want to spend that kind of money, I think the KOTCS Indy seems right for you.

I think they both need mods to look right. I did the most extensive modifications to the ROTLA, but still switched out the neck and lengthened the torso on the KOTCS to get it where I wanted it to be. SS really blew it on the Pro body if you ask me.

EX.jpg

Agreed. I remember seeing your WIP pics. But that's why yours works and the other doesn't. Lengthening one aspect of the human body requires you to lengthen them all to keep proper proportions.

If you are just considering to get in to the Indy 12" line then I would recommend coming to the monthly chat this month.

Just saying...

Back