Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I don't get is why would HT spend time and effort on a Boba Fett Holiday Special version. I mean c'mon that's just asking for fan outrage, when there are so many other figures fans are begging to be made ????

Must be one that Howard Chan wants for some bizarre reason.......

It has more to do with spreading tooling cost over multiple releases i believe. Mostly a repaint of ROTJ Boba, it will likely be an exclusive release.

Dis sideshow really anounce all those eu characters? Bastila darth talon darth nihilius? How does sideshow anounce that? I have seen hot toys making sneek peeks but never sideshow

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

They've not been announced recently. Back in the days when Sideshow did actually focus on Star Wars 1/6 figures (ie before HT entered the game), they used to give bits of info on "work in progress" via shows and conventions panels/interviews. Lately, they have been pretty much silent about anything coming beside the prototypes revealed at last year SDCC.

So now that sideshow has released 4-LOM and Luke, they now have Dengar, Zuckuss, Snowtrooper commander, and the RO TIE pilot and droid to come? Anything else?

HT has Jedi Luke, ESB Leia, Emperor, TFA Luke, Jyn, Baze, Royal Guard, K2-SO, Stormtrooper Han--anything else?

They've not been announced recently. Back in the days when Sideshow did actually focus on Star Wars 1/6 figures (ie before HT entered the game), they used to give bits of info on "work in progress" via shows and conventions panels/interviews. Lately, they have been pretty much silent about anything coming beside the prototypes revealed at last year SDCC.

And Now the y dont show any preview or talk to anyone? If only george had waited in selling Star Wars maybe we could have seen other EU characters like revan darth krayt etc.is there any chance sideshow will get back to that?

Hi everybody.

I am interested in these figures:

HT Anakin Skywalker

Sideshow Dooku

Sideshow Leia ESB

Sideshow Ackbar

Sideshow landspeeder

These have been in the first post for ages now. Does anyone around here remember what evidences are there that these are being made/planned?
What Anakin would be that one? ROTS? Padawan?

Thanks!
m.

And Now the y dont show any preview or talk to anyone? If only george had waited in selling Star Wars maybe we could have seen other EU characters like revan darth krayt etc.is there any chance sideshow will get back to that?

I'd wager most of the "planned" figures from Sideshow will never happen... a few might like Dooku since I believe we saw a teaser with the headsculpt. But most of the other ones seem unlikely since Sideshow has gotten away from minor characters. I'm pretty surprised the finished the bounty hunters; but I assume that is due to them selling well as a set.

But they were announced as being planned, so they stay there until we learn differently.

What I don't get is why would HT spend time and effort on a Boba Fett Holiday Special version. I mean c'mon that's just asking for fan outrage, when there are so many other figures fans are begging to be made ????

Must be one that Howard Chan wants for some bizarre reason.......

I would not be surprised if that is never sold... HT likes to make one-off pieces for conventions like the Tie Figther or the interior of the Falcon (not the cockpit, but the hold area). But it would make for a fairly easy variant since most of the work is done... and since Sideshow did release the prototype Fett I'd say the Holiday is in line with past releases.

Hey, thanks for your help.
Can you provide a link to the Dooku teaser? When/Where was that?
Thanks again,
m.

I'd wager most of the "planned" figures from Sideshow will never happen... a few might like Dooku since I believe we saw a teaser with the headsculpt. But most of the other ones seem unlikely since Sideshow has gotten away from minor characters. I'm pretty surprised the finished the bounty hunters; but I assume that is due to them selling well as a set.

But they were announced as being planned, so they stay there until we learn differently.

I would not be surprised if that is never sold... HT likes to make one-off pieces for conventions like the Tie Figther or the interior of the Falcon (not the cockpit, but the hold area). But it would make for a fairly easy variant since most of the work is done... and since Sideshow did release the prototype Fett I'd say the Holiday is in line with past releases.

I want to say that we saw Dooku's head in the background during one of the behind the scenes videos... but this was a few years ago and I have no idea what the video was. And, it's also possible I'm wrong :lol

Can't wait for the Emperor and Royal Guard. Debating the XMas special Fett. Would complete my collection with Jango, Proto, ESB sideshow and 1/4 ROTJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait for the Emperor and Royal Guard. Debating the XMas special Fett. Would complete my collection with Jango, Proto, ESB sideshow and 1/4 ROTJ.

I agree on the Emperor and Royal Guards! I remember first seeing the Royal Guards as a kid and it just stood out to me how awesome they looked!

Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

I agree on the Emperor and Royal Guards! I remember first seeing the Royal Guards as a kid and it just stood out to me how awesome they looked!

Vader, The Emperor, Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Death Trooper, Boba Fett....I'm happy having those as my SW representations.

I really think they can knock the Emperor out of the park. If done right, that face sculpt could be epic. With possible Force lighting and maybe a deluxe version with a diorama set from the Death Star II throne room. The Emperor is a huge SW character...I really hope they do this well.

Re: Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Vader, The Emperor, Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Death Trooper, Boba Fett....I'm happy having those as my SW representations.

I really think they can knock the Emperor out of the park. If done right, that face sculpt could be epic. With possible Force lighting and maybe a deluxe version with a diorama set from the Death Star II throne room. The Emperor is a huge SW character...I really hope they do this well.

I agree all those are great representations of Star Wars. I also hope the head sculpt is great that's the most important aspect to me. From the pic they showed in that magazine article the way the cloak drapes looks good although it is from a distance. Yeah force lightning and especially a throne would be awesome. I would love to have the Emperor in the throne with a Royal Guard on each side!

I want to say that we saw Dooku's head in the background during one of the behind the scenes videos... but this was a few years ago and I have no idea what the video was. And, it's also possible I'm wrong :lol

I don't recall the video. I just recall Oluf telling us that he was working on a Dooku sculpt.

Yeah, my brain my be faulty... and at this point I don't think Oluf even works with Sideshow anymore :lol

I still think we'll eventually see a Dooku from them; but who knows when.

So, after years of clones, and the last few years being safe bets like Maul, pilot Luke.. when are we getting Dooku, or a remake ROTS Obi-wan, Anakin? Iron Studios and bandai are the only companies today revisiting the PT. But it all feels half hearted. There was nothing better than Sideshow SW from the mid-late 2000s.

Last edited:
Since Hot Toys released some figures using the Battlefront license already, I'm hoping they can do the same with Battlefront II. This means they have a way to release prequel figures :yess:

Someday
633b564dbc35c992b4ef929258f41188.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back