Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm relatively new to the whole Sideshow/Hot Toys collecting. How do they update about what they're working on? Is it just SDCC? Do they do regular Q&As? I'm really interested in the ones in that development list that are Jabba related, like the Max Rebo band.
Do you think they will be at NY Toy Fair in February?

We don't really get updates for the most part aside from Sideshow sending emails that figures are delayed. Pretty much the figure is announced and goes up for pre-order and then you play the waiting game until blogger pictures show up and the figures start shipping.

We don't really get updates for the most part aside from Sideshow sending emails that figures are delayed. Pretty much the figure is announced and goes up for pre-order and then you play the waiting game until blogger pictures show up and the figures start shipping.

We can have quite the frustrating hobby.

The wait for the next figures is killing me too. Nothing. No Avengers stuff, only R2 reveal for Star Wars. Am hoping news ramps up after the Chinese New Year period which is now.

I'm guessing that 3PO will be the next Hot Toys related Star Wars announcement. It wouldn't surprise me if that's sometime this month or next and then we may not get anything new until May the 4th. Last year they teased four figures on that date though (Yoda, Han, and Chewie, and the quarter scale Kylo Ren). Of those only Kylo Ren is the only one not up for pre-order.

This is what I say when HT announces planned figures:

Especially Anakin Skywalke

aSfAfYwg7zy8M.gif

Especially when you think of lines that they said where planned but here we are years later and nothing.

I stopped collecting SW right upto the time of all the clone variants. Is there anything new coming that isn't disney-era or masked troopers/bounty hunters anymore? I know HT is a lost cause chasing the fad of the week. But Sideshow? They used to be exciting with their priority preorders for non-A list characters and promises of building a cohesive line.

With Sideshow stepping up their game, I am tempted by 4-lom and Dengar. But, damn, those prices are ROUGH!!!!!!! I know Disney is bending Licensees over, but still...not that much!?!?!?

Chirrut Îmwe (Deluxe Version) Sixth Scale Figure by Hot Toys should be out very soon, got my review sample on Friday.

With Sideshow stepping up their game, I am tempted by 4-lom and Dengar. But, damn, those prices are ROUGH!!!!!!! I know Disney is bending Licensees over, but still...not that much!?!?!?

yeah they are not cheap not sure if I overpaid for mine £219.99 each at forbidden planet international , is their anywhere cheaper for them?.. got 4-lom , ig-88 and bossk with the new headsculpt on order and plan on ordering the last 2 closer to release

"edit" just seen them on the sideshow site cheaper but with shipping and the paypal currency converter bumping the price up a bit only works out £20 odd cheaper and where I bought them from they are in the uk so if anything needs sorting its easier :)

yeah they are not cheap not sure if I overpaid for mine £219.99 each at forbidden planet international , is their anywhere cheaper for them?.. got 4-lom , ig-88 and bossk with the new headsculpt on order and plan on ordering the last 2 closer to release

"edit" just seen them on the sideshow site cheaper but with shipping and the paypal currency converter bumping the price up a bit only works out £20 odd cheaper and where I bought them from they are in the uk so if anything needs sorting its easier :)

There is bigchiefstudios, they have 4-LOM at 209.99

well I just cancelled all 3 , going to go with sideshow and use the 3 $25 off coupons from the 3 competitions yesterday

I have 5 preorder figs all hitting at the same time. What sucks is most are with Alter Ego, so I am subject to a 20% cancel fee if I do. Considering they are now the same price as BBTS, only gonna use BBTS in the future and seriously limit my figs!

update: so alter ego is cancelling those cancel fees, and allowing 5 cancellations per year without penalty. which is great.......gonna continue ordering those. Cancelled 1 item out of 4. nice not getting hit w a $60 charge.

Last edited:
Is it me or does Chewie look off? Not sure if thats a complaint among collectors or not.
Man he looks great look at this one the fans like me had to buy when I was 13 years old and we was like omg this is the best toy in the world lol.
Star Wars Chewbacca Large Size 15" action figure with ammunition belt with removable cartridges and cross bow laser rifle.Released in 1978 by Kenner Toys
c878ba5312c724982b18e086dab1259a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think ever preodered I made in the last 15 months all hit this week. Had I been married, my wife would have shot me, divorced me, then killed me. In that order.

Went ahead and updated the original post... sorry I completely forgot to keep it current.

If anyone sees any ommissions please let me know and I'll fix them; but I think I got everything either added that was new or removed if it's been canceled or gone up for PO.

Back