Confirmed Upcoming 1/6 Star Wars Releases: Hot Toys & Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how a lot of stuff in the video is actually Sideshow product (Jabba, Boussh, IG, Bith - and a Medi Yoda) - even as the voice-over infers it's HT product.:slap

Sort of strange HT puts so much other product in their SB display - you'd think they'd be all HT and maybe a few from Sideshow to fill out the SW ranks until HT can catch up. Clearly CNN naturally assumed it was all HT.

And... er... what's this customized Frankenfett doing in the Hot Toys display case (with one piece of shoulder armor)?:rotfl

2nammw0.png

Funny how a lot of stuff in the video is actually Sideshow product (Jabba, Boussh, IG, Bith - and a Medi Yoda) - even as the voice-over infers it's HT product.:slap

Sort of strange HT puts so much other product in their SB display - you'd think they'd be all HT and maybe a few from Sideshow to fill out the SW ranks until HT can catch up. Clearly CNN naturally assumed it was all HT.

I was thinking the same thing... a lot of Sideshow products were shown and at least the Medicom Yoda :lol

I'm guessing since Hot Toys distributes Sideshow, they must have product from them on display as well. Similar to how Sideshow will display Hot Toys, 3A and other companies product at SDCC.

I was thinking the same thing... a lot of Sideshow products were shown and at least the Medicom Yoda :lol

I'm guessing since Hot Toys distributes Sideshow, they must have product from them on display as well. Similar to how Sideshow will display Hot Toys, 3A and other companies product at SDCC.

Maybe HT "helped" Sideshow and even Medi with some of those particular figures.

I guess so, but it's bizarre to see a custom Fett with combined Sideshow and Medi parts (and custom re-weathered) in an official company display room. What does that say about the respective companys' Fetts?:lol

So should I just cancel my Sideshow Darth Vader order and wait for the Hot Toys one? I've also go the single Hot Toys Stormtrooper ordered through Sideshow, it'll be my first Hot Toys figure.

So should I just cancel my Sideshow Darth Vader order and wait for the Hot Toys one? I've also go the single Hot Toys Stormtrooper ordered through Sideshow, it'll be my first Hot Toys figure.

You don't need to cancel yet. Definitely wait till you see the HT photos. Then if you like the price better on sideshow or fact that you can have the sideshow Vader sooner go for it.

You don't need to cancel yet. Definitely wait till you see the HT photos. Then if you like the price better on sideshow or fact that you can have the sideshow Vader sooner go for it.

Wonder how soon we'll get more info on it? I've it setup as flex pay starting the 15th.

Did Vader require a NRD? I forgot about that. People are hoping for a reveal this week or early next week.

Nope no NRD, The flex pay now says like $80 a month, but when I ordered it was $50 a month, I don't think that would change my flex pay ammount?

Well from my understanding you can cancel without penalty BEFORE any payment has been charged. Probably need to call customer service to be safe.

Anakin may no longer be in the cards... he was added back when HT first announced the collaboration with Sideshow to make 1/6 figures. Since they've gotten their own license they seem to be completely avoiding the PT, at least for now.

I assume they will at least release the major characters of the PT at some point, but they don't seem to be in a rush.

Maybe after they hit the Howard the Duck franchise they can move on to less desirable figures like those from the PT. ;)

Anakin may no longer be in the cards... he was added back when HT first announced the collaboration with Sideshow to make 1/6 figures. Since they've gotten their own license they seem to be completely avoiding the PT, at least for now.

I assume they will at least release the major characters of the PT at some point, but they don't seem to be in a rush.

Maybe after they hit the Howard the Duck franchise they can move on to less desirable figures like those from the PT. ;)

I think PT figures are almost an inevitability now. The announcement of perfect renditions of the usual PT losers like Anakin, Qui-gon, Obi-wan and Jar-jar would be the perfect irony when we are grinding our collective teeth while looking at our shelves filled with Hans Solo, Background Wookie #3 and the old man version of 80's-Richard-Chamberlain-as-Pilot-Major-John-Blackthorne.

Back