"Conan's Prize" Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's basically an argument between fans of Conan (those familiar with the stories) and non-fans / people who don't know the subject material. Best to ignore it :) It would be kind of like getting in an argument with those people that have never read Harry Potter and yet somehow KNOW that they are works of the devil. :lol

so true i just couldnt believe how they could get so worked up over a sculture. like i said i think its a really good looking piece of art and if it actually went with anything in my collection i would order it in a heartbeat

I was reading some of the posts over at statueforum, and they brought up a semi good question. At the start, was it intended for her to be all covered up? That would have probably even caused more of a riot over at Facebook :lol

Lol, the pose is a snap-shot in time. How they got to that point & what happens next is purely in the eye of the beholder.

I think that's why I like this one so much.

I was reading some of the posts over at statueforum, and they brought up a semi good question. At the start, was it intended for her to be all covered up? That would have probably even caused more of a riot over at Facebook :lol
Those Facebook prudes can suck it. There always has to be some jackass who thinks his morals are better than others and kick up a fuss over nothing. They can't just roll with it and have fun with it.

Lol, the pose is a snap-shot in time. How they got to that point & what happens next is purely in the eye of the beholder.

I think that's why I like this one so much.
Exactly! I love this piece.

Great looking piece... it really does capture a common image in the Conan stories.

I love everything about it except for the face on Conan though; he's a little too good looking IMO; I still think Frazetta captured him best.

Every time I start to think people can't possibly get any dumber, some lame crap like this springs up. Conan statues promoting rape, yeah, right, just like how the Terminator statues encourage a nuclear apocalypse... Better make sure you've practiced bowing to your robot masters folks...

I'd go over there and point out just how stupid a complaint this whole thing is, but arguing with idiots doesn't tend to make them any smarter, it usually just makes you look (and feel) dumber, so...

I am still a bit curious as to why Conan isn't depicted with blue eyes in this piece though. Even as a hardcore Howard fan I can't say that it bothers me all that much personally, but Howard's Conan was always depicted by him as a blue eyed barbarian, so given that fact it does make me wonder why they decided to give him brown/hazel coloured eyes in this piece...

Those Facebook prudes can suck it. There always has to be some jackass who thinks his morals are better than others and kick up a fuss over nothing. They can't just roll with it and have fun with it.

Exactly.

I wonder if the woman was facially sculpted/modeled from a certain SS employee?

The Conan dio offends me because it promotes running with sharp objects. :monkey1

Seriously though it seems quite plain to me that the queen/princess is fixing her fearful gaze on whatever is ahead in Conan's path. As if some giant serpent or phalanx of cultists is about to meet Conan in an attempt to prevent her escape.

I realize she's sculpted with her arm across her chest to keep it PG-13 (which I admit does seem a bit inconsistent with the tone of the rest of the piece) but you could also look at it as her being a high queen of such importance that even amid chaos she still has the regal wherewithal to deny common mercenaries or enemy soldiers even a brief moment of gazing upon her exposed body.

Conan doesn't care, he's just interested in the quickest, and possibly bloodiest route of departure. That's my take anyway.

Risque? Definitey. Promoting rape? Only if you want to go there and stretch the snapshot narrative to accomodate such a dark motif. But that says more about the viewer than the composition of the dio, IMO.

I didn't order this, but I am sure the "order everything" people will ruin the EX ES.

I got my order in for the Exclusive also but it's really up in the air right now whether I'm gonna be able to keep it. I'd really like to get it but only time will tell.

Back