"Conan's Prize" Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just had an Epiphany !!!! gonna buy this, and paint Conan Olive green he's going to look exactly like Skaar, son of Hulk !!!

Also, I wanna say, this is the greatest sculpted woman's butt in a statue form ever produce !!

Never read Conan, not a particular fan of the movies, but this is just beautiful.
These types of statues are where Sideshow really shows what they can do.

I knew it. I'm a huge Cho fan and as soon as I saw that statue I knew I had seen it somewhere before.

largescan0016.jpg

I think SS changed it just enough to not have Cho's name attached to it. Just a guess though

Oh! Well, that is interesting. I don't think SSC would leave ol' Frank out in the cold, seems like a ****** move in the art community. Maybe this was just inspired by him, I don't see them doing that. I am sure there are older Conan comics/books that have a similar cover to them. Pre-Cho.

I knew it. I'm a huge Cho fan and as soon as I saw that statue I knew I had seen it somewhere before.

largescan0016.jpg

I think SS changed it just enough to not have Cho's name attached to it. Just a guess though

I am not really a Conan fan, nor will I probably get this piece (Sculpt looks great though). But I think this piece would look amazing if it was "Mixed media".

largescan0016.jpg

while Im a big fan of Cho. Im very glad it doesnt look like that illustration. Conan needs to look a little more rough and mean, which SS's sculpt accomplished.

directly from the video with Tom

"This year we got the rights to do Conan dioramas in a way that was not to based on previously done artwork. It was out mandate that we were to create images or dioramas that really kinda reflected aspects of the Conan literature"

Sure Tom, sure. :lol

I used to love reading the Marvel Conan comics and I would have loved to see a Conan based on the way he was done in Marvel by Barry Smith. This generic "book-based" Conan, I have no interest in.

Back