Conan the Prize Diorama (Paint Issue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conquistador1975

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I ordered the Conan the Prize diorama from an online retailer that participates on this website and received it yesterday. It's a fantastic sculpt, but I noticed the following paint flaws. Also, seems like a chip in the hair (I dont mind this much). What should I do? Do I return to the online store? I love this sculpt and these are sold out already. I don't want to send it back and end up with nothing. This is one of my only two SSC scults i ordered withing the last month and both have arrived damaged. I know this has happended to many people, so what is the best method of getting this resolved?

Thank you

Last edited:
You need to go through the store for an exchange or return.

All you have to do is read the FAQ's on Sideshows website for the return policy.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=108

If you purchased our product directly from a Retailer and wish to return it for a replacement or refund, you must contact them and complete this process with the original seller. We cannot issue direct refunds or replacements for our products sold by other retailers.

Sideshow Collectibles will not replace damaged product to third parties (even if factory sealed) and will only deal with the original purchaser as per our 30 Day Return Policy. This policy is similar to any other manufacturer who sells to a retail vendor who in turn is fulfilling to the public. The damaged item is returned to the original place of purchase for replacement or refund, regardless if it is a physical store or a online store.

If your Retailer is a direct wholesale client of ours, Sideshow Collectibles will follow our Wholesale Return/Exchange policy with the store. If the item is covered by this policy, then an account representative will work with them to resolve your situation.

Due to the limited edition nature of our product, we cannot guarantee that the item(s) can be replaced at the time of return or that damaged specific edition numbers can be replaced with the same number. In this case, a substitution or refund will be offered to the vendor and in turn to you.

You need to go through the store for an exchange or return.

All you have to do is read the FAQ's on Sideshows website for the return policy.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=108

Thank you for the replies. I contacted the store and they said they would contact SSC and so forth. Anyways, I guess my question was more along the line of how does SSC usually fix something like this(it looks like a minimal paint job)? Do they do a touch up paint? Probably a dumb question, but I'm not too familiar with SSC process for repairs and such.

Thanks again

I ordered the Conan the Prize diorama from an online retailer that participates on this website and received it yesterday. It's a fantastic sculpt, but I noticed the following paint flaws. Also, seems like a chip in the hair (I dont mind this much). What should I do? Do I return to the online store? I love this sculpt and these are sold out already. I don't want to send it back and end up with nothing. This is one of my only two SSC scults i ordered withing the last month and both have arrived damaged. I know this has happended to many people, so what is the best method of getting this resolved?

Thank you

It is a great statue, I love it.
A small chip in Conans hair is common, but I would ask for a replacement on the one you received, bcs the wear&tear on the girls neck looks severe. Or if you can live with it (or restore it yourself), then ask if a discount is possible (but asking for a replacement first, wouldn't hurt).

It is a great statue, I love it.
A small chip in Conans hair is common, but I would ask for a replacement on the one you received, bcs the wear&tear on the girls neck looks severe. Or if you can live with it (or restore it yourself), then ask if a discount is possible (but asking for a replacement first, wouldn't hurt).

Yeah, i don't mind the hair at all nothing a little black paint can't cover up. They offered me a $40 discount(no replacements available). Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it or anyone who can, so after much thougth I'm just going to return.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Back