Conan directed by Rob Zombie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mithrandier

Super Freak
Reaction score
I do not think Zombie would be a bad choice.
Conan needs the attention and the gore.
Early on when Arnold was involved, he was pegging "The Rock" to take on his role.
I think the Rock would bring too much comedy to it.
There needs to be a slight hint of comedy, but I would rather see a darker side to him.
I think Zombie could do that very well.

https://www.wizarduniverse.com/020808zombieconan.html

Oh dear God, no.

Halloween gave Zombie the opportunity to prove he is something other than a one-trick pony. He decided to give us the same characters from his other movies just in a different setting.

Zombie has no business doing anything other than stylized Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip-offs.

I think Zombie would be the wrong choice to direct, so I hope this just a rumor... I don't need a grimy looking Conan. I'm also not crazy about The Rock playing him either.

Oh dear God, no.

Halloween gave Zombie the opportunity to prove he is something other than a one-trick pony. He decided to give us the same characters from his other movies just in a different setting.

Zombie has no business doing anything other than stylized Texas Chainsaw Massacre rip-offs.

Very well said, couldn't have said it better myself, oh please God don't let Zombie make ANYTHING other than Horror movies! Although I thought he did a great job with the Halloween remake he would IMO destroy the Conan series BIG TIME!

I don't know.
I just figured that Zombie would be able to give Conan the dark side that he needs. No not the grit that Zombie gives with his horror flicks.
Conan is pure weapon when he is in battle who can be brutal yet refined, that was an aspect that I thought Zombie would be able to show very well.
I guess story wise though, you all are probably right.
I was strictly thinking action and not about the character growth, which there definately needs to be.

I don't want to see Zombie's take on this. Do we need another movie where he uses the same cast over and over?

Huh....I wonder what role Sheri Moon Zombie would play....essentially Halloween was H1 and H2 combined with a twist, maybe he'd do the same and some how insert Princess Jehnna which would fit her...:lol

I really liked Zombie's version of Halloween as a nice accompanyment to the first versions but what it showed is that Zombie can capture the character but not the subtile nuances that make the film unique, we lost the stalking and the larger than life that the original had and I think that Conan has too many subtilities that would be lost in Zombie's translation.

You need someone who would really treat this piece like an epic and who has shown they can handle it.

If zombie gets this it will be SUPER lame. :monkey4 I hated House of a thousand corpses and I saw about 5 minutes of Devil's Rejects on cable and that sucked ass too. I won't even bother watching his Halloween remake, he should just stick to music and leave film to more capable minds.

If zombie gets this it will be SUPER lame. :monkey4 I hated House of a thousand corpses and I saw about 5 minutes of Devil's Rejects on cable and that sucked ass too. I won't even bother watching his Halloween remake, he should just stick to music and leave film to more capable minds.

I can agree on that. I'm sure he's a likable guy, but he's not really known for his directing skills. It may just be me, but I never really thought of the Conan movies as "horror", which Zombie is known for. I always thought of them as almost Action/Fantasy. But the more pressing question is who will play Conan

I can agree on that. I'm sure he's a likable guy, but he's not really known for his directing skills. It may just be me, but I never really thought of the Conan movies as "horror", which Zombie is known for. I always thought of them as almost Action/Fantasy. But the more pressing question is who will play Conan
That decision will be what makes or breaks this movie.

Rob Zombie is awesome, I'll watch anything he directs. Devils Rejects is one of the best modern horror movies out there.

I don't think you can really do anything to improve the original Conan the Barbarian... that film is excellent. It would be cool if they did something that was more comic-based but if its just a straight remake I have no interest.

And Zombie sounds like a dumb attention getting move... never a good sign.

I agree with you forsure, although Halloween was really well made we can't forget the fact that the story was a remake. Yes he had some different views on Myers as a kid but it doesn't change the fact that he really only redid an already classic story.

Good film (Halloween) but where is the talent in remaking a classic just the way it is? I have yet to see anything he made on his own so I can't comment on that.

which conan movie has wilt chamberlain in it? that one was horrible, but the one where conan gets crucified and gets brought back by the guy writing all the pictures on him is awesome.

Devils Rejects is one of the best modern horror movies out there.
:emperor :yuck :monkey4

I don't think you can really do anything to improve the original Conan the Barbarian... that film is excellent. It would be cool if they did something that was more comic-based but if its just a straight remake I have no interest.

And Zombie sounds like a dumb attention getting move... never a good sign.
Conan needs no remake, it's a classic as is. I agree that something comic based would be sweet though.

I'll say it again, if Zombie directs I'll be passing.

Back