Completed Satipo 1/6 Custom with basket/backpack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Sapito

What's up with the spiders? Did they work? Is Satipo finished? Need input.

I'm sort of lost in the maze of ropes on the backpack. It's really complex to get looking right. Maybe I'll attach the bowls and cup and post a wip pic (I had hoped to post a finished pic next!) It was such a great idea to shoot for 100% screen accuracy! :cuckoo:

Haven't received spiders yet. I ordered them a week or so after you posted the link. Wanted to see if Schleich or Safari Ltd did a scaled tarantula to save me doing the flocking and paint-ups (which they didn't.)

I decided I'd only do three spiders and display them on his shoulders/front with the backpack on. Sort of a "hybrid display" as he'll be holding the lit torch.

I also got distracted last week building Dietrich's holster (I decided no 1/6 holster was screen accurate - again :cuckoo:) and cap/cockade. The cap is removable and is a cut-up of the SSC Indy German cap (with a new top) because cloth caps look too bulky.

I had planned to post finished pics of this custom a few days ago (assembling the basket was a much bigger challenge than I thought,) but I've been busy fixing a few HT mistakes that showed up in the mail!

I needed the sandbag for the basket (Satipo carries the sandbag in it) and also Indy's holster so I could pose my WIP Indy next to Satipo, but the sandbag and holster were just too far from screen accurate. Everyone knows the holster (except HT apparently...) but the bag is meant to be a dirty white/cream color.

So I built a holster from styrene sheet, and a sandbag from a Dragon German shirt (still needs one more wash.)

Until late this week when I post full pics of Satipo/basket...

Picture11.png

Picture8.png

Damn -- that holster's spot on! :bow

Nice bag too.

After all that, the bag is only just barely visible while in the basket!:slap

Thanks re: holster. Fun to finally be focussing on Indy... next year will be my time to finally get a custom Indy together (just bought a bunch of parts.)

Damn impressive work mate, your attention to details is amazing.

Ron

Starting out in 1/6 last year, I dug through all of your pages Hemble looking at techniques (and ripping off ideas)... thanks for the compliment, and thanks for all your great stuff.

AWESOME!!!

:clap

Great work on that basket! Love the serape or whatever that little green and red change purse is.

But where the heck are the spiders? Didn't you buy the ones I found for you?

AWESOME!!!

:clap

Great work on that basket! Love the serape or whatever that little green and red change purse is.

But where the heck are the spiders? Didn't you buy the ones I found for you?

I did, but I'm doing some "flocking" experiments (including one for 1/6 Indy head stubble... yikes!) I'm sort of considering the spiders part of my Indy build-up but will "share" a few with Satipo. I'm trying to get them pretty much screen accurate and I didn't think I could do it with paint alone.

I couldn't figure out how to revise the Satipo thread heading, so may post the final pics in a new "completed Satipo" thread and maybe I can merge them or something later...

NEW THREAD CREATED FOR FINAL PICS.

Last edited:
Some details of the basket and Satipo goes exploring in the garden... sorry for the quality on the jungle ones, done very quickly.

For the fun of it, compare this to the movie - this basket is pretty much 100% screen accurate, right down to miniscule details. :slap

The burnt torch is matched to one of the two distinctly different torches that Satipo is shown carrying inside the temple. This is the one that Indy removes from the basket.

Picture20-1.png

Picture19-1.png

Picture21.png

Picture17-3.png

Picture18-1.png

Picture19.png

Picture20.png

Last edited:
Back