Common Courtesy in the hobby, and on the Boards

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am gonna go out on a limb here and guess that all 5 of those Flakes had join dates after 2008.

I joined in 2011.

Whatchu talkin bout, Willis?

whatchu-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif

Why be scared of bad feedback? The truth comes out in a place like this. This isn't ebay where 1 bad feedback from a jackass sinks you.

True, they can't leave a negative if they aren't out money. And mods can adjust feedback if we feel it's unfairly given. But then it gets down to "he said, he said" and we can't be the arbiters of truth.

I've backed out of purchases before that I can recall but I hope I let the guys know in good time. Calcifer and BISHART I was gonna buy stuff off. I think I may have let BISHART hang for a bit and if I did I regret that because yeah, I've had it done to me and its a pain in the @$$ when you think you've got money coming your way and it doesn't end up happening.

True, they can't leave a negative if they aren't out money. And mods can adjust feedback if we feel it's unfairly given. But then it gets down to "he said, he said" and we can't be the arbiters of truth.

My thoughts exactly. Guess the Mods can read PMs and determine if it was actually a confirmed purchase. But is that what we really want?

I'm actually not too cool with sellers holding stuff for me without a deposit.

One thing I hate is the lowballers. I was offering an HT Godfather for something like 280 shipped in the US and an International seller wanted me to include free shipping on the item. Any of you who own the HT Godfather can imagine how expensive shipping would be on that.

Wow tell me about it ! I've made deals with a lot of people, and I mean taking a lot of money off. But, there's always a bunch of jackasses that will go even further and almost insult you. Most of the time they'll just send a plain e-mail like "I'll give you $xx for xxxx" end of story. A little manners and courtesy brings you far when selling / buying, trust me on that. For the people that leave you hanging, just do what I do and sell to the first person that sends you the money. I learnt my lesson a while ago not to hold on to anything for anybody, except people I've had dealings with, or people I talk to regularly on here. Selling stuff on this board got to be a real pain in the ass.

Yeah, I have always been unimpressed with people that send the 3 or 4 word sentences, no pleasantries or courtesy whatsoever. Why not take that extra minute to be friendly? Love the ones that can't even use whole words either- "$xxx.00 4 xxxx?" Yeesh.

Back