Commando, CODENAME: Snake Eyes (1985)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:exactly: I couldn't agree more.

:rock :rock :rock

Thanks, Nam! Hit N Run was probably the most work prior to Snake Eyes (there's a lot going on under the suit) and one of the most unique looking ARAH Joes. So he's definitely a personal fave.:hi5:

hit &run has a great backstory as well as far as showing why he turned out the way he did. hama was the flippin' king when it came to getting so much personality, history and character out of a few well written, succinct lines on that file card.

target-hitnrun.gif

Last edited:
Carded? That's a very cool vintage to have, for sure.

no, just loose but he has the orange card (instead of the grey one) and has the parachute and his gear. i've kind of gotten away from collecting the carded stuff. i have more fun with the loose ones. :lol

That group shot looks awesome!!!

that looks so retro fly dude

Thanks, guys!!

:exactly: I couldn't agree more.

85 and 84 for me though 83 is really where the line started to broaden. Not to take away from '82 by any means of course.

hit &run has a great backstory as well as far as showing why he turned out the way he did. hama was the flippin' king when it came to getting so much personality, history and character out of a few well written, succinct lines on that file card.

Definitely agree on the backstory. Hamma was brilliant at giving these little pieces of plastic some definitely character with few mere lines.

My favs are Wild Bill, Doc and Hit & Run :rock

Doc in particular is one I can't encourage folks enough to make. He's really quite simple in essence and I doubt SSC would ever make one. The second you guys want to start more "team building" projects like SB and Sarge just say the word!:)

Hit and Run doesn't seem to get as much love as he deserves around here.... He was one sweet figure. :lecture

Definitely agree there! He was without a doubt the best of '88, although Shockwave and SS v2 were pretty stellar as well. Muskrat is another mostly unloved character as well.

no, just loose but he has the orange card (instead of the grey one) and has the parachute and his gear. i've kind of gotten away from collecting the carded stuff. i have more fun with the loose ones. :lol

Congrats on great find, Orc! I had a couple of the Sky Patrol parachtes as a kid. They were huge but fun.

I'd rather have a nice minty loose figure any day...

Agreed.
icon14.gif

Same here... I didn't even know they had a Target EX till I stumbled on Hit and Runs page on Yo Joe a few months back.

All that extra gear would have been killer!

I don't remember it as a kid myself. I do recall the Muskrat/Voltar two pack though. Such an odd pairing.

Doc in particular is one I can't encourage folks enough to make. He's really quite simple in essence and I doubt SSC would ever make one. The second you guys want to start more "team building" projects like SB and Sarge just say the word!:)

I would seriously hope Sideshow would not be that stupid. I would be highly insulted if they made that pacifistic ********* over Doc.

Muskrat is a character/figure I've only recently (year or so) really started to like. The sculpt is pretty good. The boogie board isn't meant to be surfed on but I could see it being used to skim the swamplands. One of my good Joe buddies passed away in May and Musky was one of his favorites so the idea of doing another tribute figure is always there.

I would seriously hope Sideshow would not be that stupid. I would be highly insulted if they made that pacifistic ********* over Doc.

As sporadic as the releases are I don't see them doing any medics. :dunno Lifeline would look pretty cool in 1/6, imo. I'm a sucker for '86 though. ;) Could be an option for another custom head cause the costume wouldn't be too hard if we could get 'Face to do the "RESCUE" decals.

Old shot of HnR and Bill.
HRWB.jpg

HnR sort of moonlights as Airborne. Still want to get to him though. More '83 :tap :lol

I'd rather have a nice minty loose figure any day...

totally agree, man! you can really appreciate their durability, playability and gear. though i wouldn't turn down a moc storm shadow or firefly. :lol

mando...would love to see you tackle airborne as well.

p.s...this is the best joe board ever.

Back