Commander Praji - Sideshow Exclusive 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that Sideshow doesn't have to do all the big guns right away. It's their choice of characters thus far - they're all kind of generic looking (with the exception of the Jabbas Palace add-on creatures, but they were extremely overpriced and not very exciting IMO). I don't think people would be complaining if the "minor characters" SSC chose were a little more exciting, such as Momaw Nadon, Commander Gree, IG-88 etc. Some cantina creatures, troops and bounty hunters would go a long way toward re-energizing this line.

-Snags

There is no reason to purchase this thing when everyone knows Sideshow will be giving these away in just a few months' time.

Look at it this way: At least we know what one of the Spooktacular 2008 Freebies will be. :cool:

I highly doubt that.

Also, for everybody who's saying he's expensive, why so? Again, as I said in the Shaun of the Dead thread, NOT COMPARING COMPANIES, I know a lot of you have bought Hot Toys and Medicom figures, and you're calling $60 expensive?

I think he's great, has a cool outfit, and will be added to my collection.

This guy joined Illum Padme as my quickest cancellation after preordering. :lol

On second glance he actually does look pretty cool:

2169_press05-001.jpg

And I think his look bodes well for Nazis and Indy in Nazi uniform. He'll look cool for completist collections and people who want to display scenes from the Tantive IV but since I passed on ANH Leia and plan on posing Vader with Bespin Luke I really don't have any need for this guy.

I agree that Sideshow doesn't have to do all the big guns right away. It's their choice of characters thus far - they're all kind of generic looking (with the exception of the Jabbas Palace add-on creatures, but they were extremely overpriced and not very exciting IMO). I don't think people would be complaining if the "minor characters" SSC chose were a little more exciting, such as Momaw Nadon, Commander Gree, IG-88 etc. Some cantina creatures, troops and bounty hunters would go a long way toward re-energizing this line.

-Snags

I agree with that, if thats what you are into. But for those who aren't into Bounty Hunters they would find Sideshow going in the wrong direction if they went the way you want.

Really its all just opinion on whether or not the line even needs "energizing. But who can deny that he won't look great in a 1:6 dio set up?

I highly doubt that.

People said the same thing about the Endor Rebels. By SDCC '08, Sideshow will be begging people to take them off their hands. Praji will be no different.

Whenever ANY Star Wars 12" is announced there is a huge buzz (both positive and negative) and a burst of pre-orders. However, these completely unexciting obscure characters will never sell the same way as the core characters, aliens, Jedi, etc. The non-diehards and non-apologists have time to think about what it is they've actually ordered (and at what cost) and cancellations ensue.

This guy will be available for a long, long time. I have absolutely zero doubt that he'll be available with use of a Gift Card, at worst.

People said the same thing about the Endor Rebels. By SDCC '08, Sideshow will be begging people to take them off their hands. Praji will be no different.

Whenever ANY Star Wars 12" is announced there is a huge buzz (both positive and negative) and a burst of pre-orders. However, these completely unexciting obscure characters will never sell the same way as the core characters, aliens, Jedi, etc. The non-diehards and non-apologists have time to think about what it is they've actually ordered (and at what cost) and cancellations ensue.

This guy will be available for a long, long time. I have absolutely zero doubt that he'll be available with use of a Gift Card, at worst.

So as a fan, why such a hard-on for hating the figure? I'm excited to get him into my collection and I think he'll look great. If he sells for less later, then so be it. Wouldn't be the first figure to drop in price, but I have others that do better.

If you don't like the figure, don't buy it. No need to act like Sideshow's misstepping just because you aren't gonna buy it.

There is no reason to purchase this thing when everyone knows Sideshow will be giving these away in just a few months' time.

Yeah, there is I want it. Thats all the reason I need to purchase it. If I can gte a second free down the road I will.

SW is more than the biggies and I'm glad we're getting them. This line would be boring with just the biggies all the time.

I love Medi Yoda too. Only thing Im sad about is that I don't have a second to get articulation and some modifications done to him. Wicket looks to be equally good.

:lol:lol:lol

Just kidding. Medi vs SW is a lame debate. What Medicom does is great. (my favorite figure of moment is Medi-Yoda and I still MOURN the loss of my Medi-Vader).

Screw that Pix. Medicom sucks Sideshow rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!! Discuss.:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Also, for everybody who's saying he's expensive, why so?

Why is this guy more expensive than Bespin Luke or the upcoming Leia? Just because of the exclusivity? He seems less exciting, seems to come with less in the way of accessories, and the likeness is way worse.

Edit: It just occurred to me that Ilum Padme is also an exclusive and she's still $54.99.

So as a fan, why such a hard-on for hating the figure? I'm excited to get him into my collection and I think he'll look great. If he sells for less later, then so be it. Wouldn't be the first figure to drop in price, but I have others that do better.

If you don't like the figure, don't buy it. No need to act like Sideshow's misstepping just because you aren't gonna buy it.

Well, that's a bit melodramatic isn't it? Afterall, this is a Sideshow-focused forum... where else do you propose people praise, vent, credit, criticize, etc??

I think this is an immensely boring and disappointing figure to announce at this time. That's MY opinion. No right or wrong. I won't be buying it, but I have no problems with anyone who does. However, I do firmly believe that this will be a discount/free figure in the future. No one but the diehards/completists will care to own this at that price.

Is it just me... or does he re-use Maul's hands?

The outfit looks great though I have to admit.

Well there are a number of die-hards and people who like the figures. I'm no apolgist or even a superfan of Star Wars or Sideshow. But l love both and this is a good figure to me, and anyway 1/6 figures are expensive... thats the nature. And many of us want to see a fleshed out line as oopposed to just a few bigger names (like what Medicom is doing).

Hasbro succeeded in churinging out crap figures of obscure characters for years... now we are getting obscure and quality. Seems like a win. And if this one doesn't sell as well (which it probably won't) I don't think it will be a deathnail like some make it out to be.

I agree with that, if thats what you are into. But for those who aren't into Bounty Hunters they would find Sideshow going in the wrong direction if they went the way you want.

Really its all just opinion on whether or not the line even needs "energizing. But who can deny that he won't look great in a 1:6 dio set up?

I'm thinking along the lines of something that would get the more casual SW collector excited. There are 60 people viewing the SW forum here at SSF. Yes, most of them know who Commander Praji is. Some are excited and some are not. How many people who are fans of SW will see this figure and go, "Wow, I gotta get that Commander Praji figure - he is really cool." Same goes for just about every figure they've done, with a few exceptions - maybe Jabba and Darth Maul). Obviously the line needs energizing when the after-market value of every figure is way below retail. The supply far exceeds the demand. The line is not growing - the opposite is in fact happening.

-Snags

Back