Comiquettes/Premium Formats

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xYx

Super Freak
Reaction score

Q.
Why such a focus on Premium Formats lately? Joker, Deadpool, and looks like Batman too. Why no comiquette love for marquee characters?

If your interest in Comiquettes is because of the all-sculpture style, then take heart. You’ll be seeing more stylized sculptures under the Premium Format banner, and labeled as such to keep consistency in scaling. With or without clothing, if they’re 1:4 scale, they’re Premium Format. There are a lot of factors driving this decision, including production costs, sales, and Ask Sideshow trends, but we are prioritizing Premium Format (1:4 scale) over most other sculpture formats.

So starting April 8th all 1:4 statues regardless if it's comiquette or not will be called Premium Format. Interesting change by SSC. They must realize that the 1:4 line sells far greater then 1:5 by now.

Sideshow, "You’ll be seeing more stylized sculptures under the Premium Format banner, and labeled as such to keep consistency in scaling. With or without clothing, if they’re 1:4 scale, they’re Premium Format. There are a lot of factors driving this decision, including production costs, sales, and Ask Sideshow trends, but we are prioritizing Premium Format (1:4 scale) over most other sculpture formats."

2154688_o.gif

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Remember all the times a few of us said that they were going to eat it in sales for splitting scales? You think they didn't notice that their 1/5th scale were selling like shat and no one was buying the 1/5th X-Men?

Last edited:
Sideshow, "You’ll be seeing more stylized sculptures under the Premium Format banner, and labeled as such to keep consistency in scaling. With or without clothing, if they’re 1:4 scale, they’re Premium Format. There are a lot of factors driving this decision, including production costs, sales, and Ask Sideshow trends, but we are prioritizing Premium Format (1:4 scale) over most other sculpture formats."

2154688_o.gif

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Remember all the times a few of us said that they were going to eat it in sales for switching to 1/5th scale?
:lol that's a big omission by them that 1:4 is the way to go.

I can't wait until Ink and a few other members of the "1/4th or fail club" join in! This is great news! :yess:

I personally emailed CS and Ask Sideshow every-single-time I passed on a preorder because it was 1/5th scale. Maybe they listened?

Lost Sales:
  1. Beast
  2. Nightcrawler
  3. Iceman
  4. Colossus (original one)
  5. Psylocke (original one)
  6. Angel
  7. Punisher
  8. Nick Fury
  9. Daredevil
  10. Hulk

Last edited:
I don't think the comiquettes have gone the way of the dodo. It's just Sideshow confirming what we already know that some characters cannot have mixed media added into it (I.E. Iceman, Juggernaut) so intead of calling it comiquettes it's gonna be premium formats because of the scale. So we'll still see them produce 1/5 pieces.

:lol the 1:4 or fail club :monkey3

It's actually the "Be Awesome Or Suck" club. I'm awesome, thank you very much. :woo

1/5 Angel Com beats plenty of 1/4 PF's :lecture

I'm not a scale whore so i don't mind either way, i like my 1/5 still and like my 1/4 still.

I generally don't like fabric on my statues so i hope characters they would do in 1/4th PF such as Colossus without any muscle definition, will be done fully sculpted like the Spider-Man comiquette

I don't think the comiquettes have gone the way of the dodo. It's just Sideshow confirming what we already know that some characters cannot have mixed media added into it (I.E. Iceman, Juggernaut) so intead of calling it comiquettes it's gonna be premium formats because of the scale. So we'll still see them produce 1/5 pieces.

It's actually the "Be Awesome Or Suck" club. I'm awesome, thank you very much. :woo
Ummm okay :lol

1/5 Angel Com beats plenty of 1/4 PF's :lecture
From a sculpting perspective, you're damn right he does. From an X-Men display perspective, he name is Angel, not cherub and he would look like crap with the other 1/4th.

I wonder what this means for their Modern X-Men line, 1/4th or just Jim Lee only?

Hopefully, the 1/5th Modern X-Men line will go...:wave

This announcement is the best news I have heard from Sideshow in quite awhile!

So, based off this new info from SSC.....the upcoming Red Skull PF can actually be a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Com????? They are just going to label it as a PF because it's 1/4 scale? This is going to get confusing.

They should just release all fully sculpted 1/4 scale statues as Coms and 1/4 scale mixed media statues as PFs. Just do away with 1/5 scale and leave everything else as is.

So, based off this new info from SSC.....the upcoming Red Skull PF can actually be a fully sculpted 1/4 scale Com????? They are just going to label it as a PF because it's 1/4 scale? This is going to get confusing.

They should just release all fully sculpted 1/4 scale statues as Coms and 1/4 scale mixed media statues as PFs. Just do away with 1/5 scale and leave everything else as is.

nah you guys are mixing things, this actually makes it much clearer.

Basically before only MIXED MEDIA 1/4 are called premium format, now EVERYTHING 1/4 are called premium format.

All those other confusing terms - comiquette, maquette, "polystone statue" etc..will continue to be used only for 1/5 and other scales i assume.

It doesnt mean ss isnt making 1/5 statues, with the exception of marvel/dc, i think they are actually moving towards 1/5 more.

All this means is regular 1/4 scale statues, polystone or mixed media, will now all be called premium formats.

premium formats = 1/4 period.

This makes things a lot simpler and less confusing. I support this change! :lecture

Back