Comics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been picking up Incredible Hulk since 2005 after a 10 years hiatus from comics.Now I'll buy IH forever or as long as Greg Pak is writing the book..lol.

Been picking up Incredible Hulk since 2005 after a 10 years hiatus from comics.Now I'll buy IH forever or as long as Greg Pak is writing the book..lol.

Did you pick up loebs stuff on Hulk? Ugh that stuff has been painful to read but as it coincides with Pak's work I feel like I have to keep reading it :monkey4

I was going to pick up Dark Tower, just haven't gotten around to it. I read a few issues of Gunslinger. It wasn't for me.

Although I am a big fan of Jae Lee and bigger fan of Stephen King, after getting over the beauty of the first series of the Dark Tower, it was just too wordy and I couldn't get involved enough in the world as I did in the novels. You should try Guardians of the Galaxy, I think you'll like what they have done with Moondragon

So far I have been just a DC guy. Batman, Supes, GL are among my favorite characters/books. I'm trying to get into more indie books and some marvel but don't know where to start. Can someone point me into the direction of some good books?

Been thinking of picking up some of the walking dead on ebay and maybe Y The Last Man. Ive heard good things about both of them. Im sure some of you have read both so which should I go with first?

Terry Moore's Echo is a must read, as is Unwritten. I thought Luna Bros The Sword was one of the best stories i have read in a while.

The Sword was really awesome & original. Really a pleasant surprise for me. I've burned through those 4 trades a few times already and the story never gets old. Would make an awesome movie IMO.

The Luna Bros do need to learn how to draw cars though :lol

Been thinking of picking up some of the walking dead on ebay and maybe Y The Last Man. Ive heard good things about both of them. Im sure some of you have read both so which should I go with first?

Cant go wrong with Walking Dead. I know Y the last man gets a lot of praise, but I got bored with it pretty quickly personally.

It had been a long time since I read comics on a consistent basis. So I decided to get back into reading them.

I would highly recommend the following:

Invincible Iron Man
Captain America since the death and reborn issues
Batman since 700
Batman The Dark Knight
Gi Joe Real American Hero start with 156
Batman The Return (One Shot Issue)
Ultimate Thor (4 issue series right now)

So far I have been just a DC guy. Batman, Supes, GL are among my favorite characters/books. I'm trying to get into more indie books and some marvel but don't know where to start. Can someone point me into the direction of some good books?

Go back and pick up the trade 'Captain America: Winter Soldier Vol. 1'. This book starts Ed Brubaker's run on Cap. You wanna start at the very beginning as it pays off amazingly well as Brubaker spins really tight story arcs. It's awesome.

If you have any interest in the Hulk, grab Planet Hulk. It's one big trade, not too pricey, and it's the most well written Hulk work ever done IMO.

I just bought the first volume of Fables from vertigo. Really awesome series; I'm hooked :rock

On the 5th trade of Y The Last Man. Great series, beautifully written. Looking for some other non hero based comics, besides the walking dead.

On the 5th trade of Y The Last Man. Great series, beautifully written. Looking for some other non hero based comics, besides the walking dead.

I can tell you what not to get: Torchwood. I tried really hard to like it, but it was just... not good. Maybe it got better, but the first few issues were just not my thing, and I love me some Torchwood.

Shhh....I have a secret. I found out my GF got me Absolute Green Lantern: Rebirth and the Captain America Omnibus Vol. 1 for Xmas. She had my mom go to our old LCS during their Black Friday 1/2 off sale on every Trade in the store. My mom told me what is coming in the box because she was complaining how heavy the books were to carry out to the car.

For anyone not reading Morning Glories, do it! It's really excellent. I'd say, mix between D.E.B.S. and Dollhouse. Twisted, and good.

For anyone not reading Morning Glories, do it! It's really excellent. I'd say, mix between D.E.B.S. and Dollhouse. Twisted, and good.

I was looking for this thread. Just ordered Morning Glories Vol 1

Also ordered:

Dead@17 Ultimate Edition
Vampirella Volume 1: Crown of Worms TP
Vampirella Masters Series Volume 3 SC
DMZ Vol. 4: Friendly Fire

I read a lot of female focused DC such as: bop, Wonder Woman, Gotham city Sirens, Zatanna. I also read some batman.

The only must have marvel book for me is Punisher. I collect the MAX and now the regular ongoing although I'm testing out ghost rider right now.

I quit Queen Sonja for a while but I missed it and came back to it. Good thing my LCS has a good selection of back issues to get me caught up.

Anybody pick up any of the new DC #1s? I picked up Swamp Thing and Detective Comics today. Swamp Thing was great it will def be going on my pull list. Snyder never lets me down! Any suggestions on what else to pick up this month? I've never read anything DC before today.

Back