Comics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude! There is a mac machine at Cigar and More right next to CDWarehouse. It gives out 10's too!

Not that "having" to buy 7 comics is a bad thing. Or.....Maybe....you can just use the "minimum credit card" thing to justify the cost to April?!? Next time, tell her that you "had" to spend 30.00 minimum in order to use credit....:newangel

It was her idea for me to go in there. She didn't go in though. She doesn't go in there or gamestop (she had a bad experience in a gamestop onetime). LOL as long as the bills are paid I can spend what I want....well as long as it comes out of my account. I am not allowed to touch the joint account. LOL
I will have to use the MAC (no Havyck not Mrs Mac... put the gun down) next time. :rotfl No really put the gun down!!!!!

Secret Identity
Kingdom Come
Dark Knight Returns
Watchmen
Long Halloween
Dark Victory
Haunted Knight
V For Vendetta
League of Extradionary Gentleman

I reread all these GREAT graphic novels this month. I like to wait for the trades to come out because I don't like getting into one story and then having To Be Continued....ONE series that I was stomach that for is the Star Wars Legacy, that's a great series.

My pull list right now includes:
Secret Invasion
Countdown
Ultimates 3
Kickass
The Boys
Nighthawk
Walking Dead
Fables
Jack of Fables
She-Hulk
The Incredible Herc(Hulk)
Rasl
Conan
Iron Fist
BPRD
Abe Sapien
Hellboy
Gunslinger
Runaways
Invincible
The Twelve
JSA
American Splendor
The Goon

and more...I'll have to think....

My pull list right now includes:
Secret Invasion
Countdown
Ultimates 3
Kickass
The Boys
Nighthawk
Walking Dead
Fables
Jack of Fables
She-Hulk
The Incredible Herc(Hulk)
Rasl
Conan
Iron Fist
BPRD
Abe Sapien
Hellboy
Gunslinger
Runaways
Invincible
The Twelve
JSA
American Splendor
The Goon

and more...I'll have to think....

Your list is quite impressive.
Here is what I am currently reading

The Death of the New Gods
All Star Superman
All Star Batman and Robin
Action Comics

Hulk
Ultimate Spider-Man
Ultimates
She-Hulk
Wolverine Origins
Amazing Spider-Man

So, after watching a tivo'd "Attack of the Show", blair Butler was discussing "Secret Invasion". Looks like I'm going to be picking up that story line tomorrow. How late am I to the party, what's been released already? What titles are involved in that story line?

I also might want the check out DC's remastered "The Killing Joke".

So, after watching a tivo'd "Attack of the Show", blair Butler was discussing "Secret Invasion". Looks like I'm going to be picking up that story line tomorrow. How late am I to the party, what's been released already? What titles are involved in that story line?

I also might want the check out DC's remastered "The Killing Joke".
I got Secret Invasion: The Infiltration TP and Secret Invasion #1/8 for a friend yesterday. That's all that's out ATM. SI #1 also has a checklist of what is gonna be involved.

I'm interested in 'The Killing Joke' as well, but only if its a stand-alone without any deep knowledge of the DC superhero universe needed. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Subscription:
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men Lagacy
Astonishing X-Men
Wolverine
Wolverine: Origins
Ultimate X-Men

Comic Shop Pull List:
Thor
Ultimates 3
Cable
Young X-Men
Wolverine and Kitty: First Class
X-Force
Kick-Ass
G.I.Joe
Any Wolverine or Ultimate mini-series or one shots
Secret Invasion and all tie-ins

And then there are various other Marvel comics I pick up from time to time.

I'm mainly a Marvel reader, but this is my favorite current series (used to be owned by Marvel - lol). I stick to TPB's nowadays, but Conan is one that I can't wait for the collections, and is one of the very few that I still buy individual issues of.

conan1.jpg

It's just too bad the run is ending with issue 50 (but they are stating a new series).

I got Secret Invasion: The Infiltration TP and Secret Invasion #1/8 for a friend yesterday. That's all that's out ATM. SI #1 also has a checklist of what is gonna be involved.

I'm interested in 'The Killing Joke' as well, but only if its a stand-alone without any deep knowledge of the DC superhero universe needed. Can anyone shed any light on this please?

If you have a basic knowledge of Batman, like Joker is his main villain, Barbara Gordon is Commissioner Gordon's daughter/the original Batgirl and Dick Grayson hasn't been Robin for over 20 years then you know enough for The Killing Joke.
It is a stand alone story, but the real question is, when it comes to comics, are you smarter than a 5th grader? Oh yeah and this is probably the story that put Joker at the top of the villain list in the DC Universe. It is dramatic.

If you have a basic knowledge of Batman, like Joker is his main villain, Barbara Gordon is Commissioner Gordon's daughter/the original Batgirl and Dick Grayson hasn't been Robin for over 20 years then you know enough for The Killing Joke.
So my basic knowledge is enough, very good.

It is a stand alone story, but the real question is, when it comes to comics, are you smarter than a 5th grader?
I believe so ;)

Marvel Zombies is about the extent of my comic reading, although I do have great knowledge...I also love SW Comics, especially the Infinities Series...

I took pictures of my collection for you guys. I only read and collect TPs, so this won't take long ;)

DC/Vertigo/Wildstorm

Marvel

Mostly Independent

Image/Dynamite/IDW/Top Cow/Others

Dark Horse

I read Empowered and is currently waiting for the next one. Kinda an Adam Warren follower and have read his Gen-13 run(best finale ever),Titans: Scissors, Paper, Stone and Livewires.
Also read I Kill Giants and both Umbrella Academy.

Thinking of starting Hack/Slash with the omnibus. Is it good?

I enjoy Hack Slash.

I also enjoyed Dead @ 17

There a few I am hoping to catch up on.

I do select Marvel and DC, but find many independents inviting as well.

I love comics. I'm reading:

The Walking Dead
Ratchet and Clank
Morning Glories
iZombie
Red
Buffy
Angel
Serenity
Carnage
Dr. Horrible
Scott Pilgrim
Fables
Predators
X-23

I'm following a few pretty religiously but I'll pick up anything that's highly recommended.

Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Dark Tower

Those are my big 3 right now. I picked up Thor: Ages of Thunder in TPB the other day. Matt Fraction is awesome :rock

I was going to pick up Dark Tower, just haven't gotten around to it. I read a few issues of Gunslinger. It wasn't for me.

Terry Moore's Echo is a must read, as is Unwritten. I thought Luna Bros The Sword was one of the best stories i have read in a while.

Back