Comic Book Storage/Display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfpro1286

Super Freak
Reaction score
Besides normal comic book boxes, how do you store/shelve your comics for easy access and to show them off?

I keep them on my shelf away from natural or artificial light and I wrap them individually in plastic to preserve that new smell. It's a hassle, sure, but I love my stuff looking new.

With the large volume of books now in my collection I no longer have easy access to them. They are stored in long white boxes in a cool dark area of the house. However I do love some of the covers and have resorted to a cheat in order to display them. Using the Grand Comics Database I print out the covers I like and display them in 8x10 frames on the wall. I usually do some retouching in photoshop to bump up the colors and deepen the blacks. Now my real covers stay protected and I dont care if sunlight or whatever gets on the ones on display.

Ikea frames are $2 ea and are perfect for the books for display. I have my entire collection room lined with books in a row at the top. I use mylar, silver age bags and boards with the comic. For all other books not on display they are all bagged and boarded and put in short comic boxes.

Is it safe to stack comic book boxes? That would help me a lot lol. I am also thinking about buying a filing cabinet...

Back