Prop Columbia Sportswear TESB Crew Jackets Parkas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Columbia Sportwear Hoth Echo Base Jackets

Can’t believe people are crazy enough to pay $1,000 for a jacket. I was hesitant at $400. I would love to see Columbia cancel all those seller’s orders.

Can’t believe people are crazy enough to pay $1,000 for a jacket. I was hesitant at $400. I would love to see Columbia cancel all those seller’s orders.

Allowing each person 5 of each jacket proves Columbia doesn't give a **** who buys their product.

Allowing each person 5 of each jacket proves Columbia doesn't give a **** who buys their product.

No kidding. Some of the few select stores they’re available in are in Georgia, Florida, and Texas. I imagine all those will end up on eBay too. I could have used the coat as I actually live in Hoth like conditions in Montana! :p

No kidding. Some of the few select stores they’re available in are in Georgia, Florida, and Texas. I imagine all those will end up on eBay too. I could have used the coat as I actually live in Hoth like conditions in Montana! :p

If it makes you feel better I hear these might not actually be that great for actual frigid conditions. They are apparently not insulated or water proof. Just water "resistant" and Omni-heat reflective. So relatively warm but certainly not the conditions the Han Parka seems to imply it can protect against.

I figured the website just crashed or something, but guess not. Was holding my breath at $400 and it sells out within minutes? And at 5 per person? Thanks Columbia. Either sounds like a scam to get attention and get people to the stores, or some bots bought the hell out of them. Gonna go with the former.

lcxyE0D.gif

Subjective.
It's a SW themed jacket. If paying chunks for resin, plastic, PVC etc replicas and toys, why not a jacket?

Managed to get a jacket for me and the wife this morning. Looks like the physical stores managed to get decent allocations. The Archive Han still sold out with the first few people though.

Honestly, I’m cool with what happened. Truth is, if this thing wasn’t limited, there’s no ****ing way I’d have even considered buying one for $400. I have trouble justifying spending 40 bucks on a pair of jeans:lol, so, pretty much the only reason I wanted one of these was so I could commodify something that would also serve a practical purpose in my everyday life. Basically, I could buy an expensive piece of clothing and still have it retain and possibly even exceed its value if I took care of it, but, alas, it wasn’t in the cards, so, I’m content. It would be funny as ****, though, if Columbia responded to all the people *****ing on Facebook the way Pepsi did with their BTTF Promotion and produced more. People would ****ing choke.:lol

Honestly, I’m cool with what happened. Truth is, if this thing wasn’t limited, there’s no ****ing way I’d have even considered buying one for $400. I have trouble justifying spending 40 bucks on a pair of jeans:lol, so, pretty much the only reason I wanted one of these was so I could commodify something that would also serve a practical purpose in my everyday life. Basically, I could buy an expensive piece of clothing and still have it retain and possibly even exceed its value if I took care of it, but, alas, it wasn’t in the cards, so, I’m content. It would be funny as ****, though, if Columbia responded to all the people *****ing on Facebook the way Pepsi did with their BTTF Promotion and produced more. People would ****ing choke.:lol

Pretty much word for word what I was thinking. I considered the Han parka because it was kinda cool AND looked like the movie version AND it was going to likely retain/go up in value. If they made a million of them, I'd sit around and wait for it to go on clearance. I got the Luke Skywalker ceremonial jacket (which I look ridiculous in, by the way) for something like $58 bucks a couple of years after it was originally listed for a few hundred.

Doesn't appear likely: https://www.adweek.com/brand-marketing/columbia-created-a-line-of-empire-strikes-back-jackets-and-sold-out-in-minutes/

"There are no plans to create more of the jackets, the company says."

Personally, I wasn't looking for an article of clothing that would appreciate in value. I simply buy what I think looks good and I happen to be a big Star Wars fan. I recognize I am paying a premium for the license but I also legitimately think these look great. Not only that, but I was actually surprised with how good they are at keeping you warm. I was skeptical of the reflective insulation, but it certainly seems to work as advertised. So basically the quality is easily there. If you like the style and you were in the market for a jacket of this build quality, it's an easy purchase. I do and I was.

Re: Columbia Sportswear Empire Crew Parka Jackets

nice picture bro thanks for sharing here !

Back