College Football fans...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow, i knew nebraska was going to be tested by va tech, but their secondary has been napping in the 1st half. bo better have made some halftime adjustments.

Sure it is. Ole Miss and Oregon State are on about the same level program-wise. Both were unranked. One beat the #1 team at home, the other beat the #4 team on the road. Pretty similar in magnitude if ya ask me.

And don't look now (and it's early), but it looks like Alabama is schooling and exposing UGA.

Oh come on. If you think Ole Miss and Oregon State are on the same level just because they were unranked you've gone off the deep end. Oregon State was 1-2 with there only win coming against a horrible Hawaii team and one of their loses to a horrible Stanford team. They beat the enormously favored to win the national championship USC Trojans. Ole Miss was a total of about 2 seconds from being a nationally ranked team (will be come Monday)coming into todays game against a Florida team that most would say has struggled all year long and never came up in any national title scenarios. I think there is a very large difference. But we'll have to agree to disagree.

This was also their first win over a ranked opponent in 23 years.

:lecture

Is that supposed to mean something? We're talking about an armed service school. Do you know the talent pool they are limited to? The fact they've gone to 5 straight bowls is an incredible accomplishment when looking at what they're up against. Navy has to find talent in kids that are willing to join the Navy for 7 years after their college is up and yet have still managed to overachieve these past 5 going on 6 years. What's Notre Dames excuse?:monkey1

We're talking about an armed service school. Do you know the talent pool they are limited to? The fact they've gone to 5 straight bowls is an incredible accomplishment when looking at what they're up against. Navy has to find talent in kids that are willing to join the Navy for 7 years after their college is up and yet have still managed to overachieve these past 5 going on 6 years.

Dude, you're helping me make my argument, which is that a ranked team losing to Navy is a HUGE loss for that ranked team (which is Wake Forest this time). No disrespect at all to the Academies, but a ranked team is embarassed when they lose to them for the reasons you stated.

And you do realize that Oregon State has actually been to a BCS bowl (and won it) in recent years, don't you? When was the last time Ole Miss was in a major bowl of any kind?

Last edited:
Yeah, but is that the team that's playing this year? Legacys didn't play this Saturday.

Then why are you arguing? I simply said that Ole Miss beating Florida (at UF) is pretty much as big an upset as Oregon State beating USC. And that's clearly true. All you have to do is listen to the talking heads in the media right now.

Then why are you arguing? I simply said that Ole Miss beating Florida (at UF) is pretty much as big an upset as Oregon State beating USC. And that's clearly true. All you have to do is listen to the talking heads in the media right now.

I'm not arguing it's wasn't a huge upset, but in the national picture of college football this year it's not even close. I've been listening to ESPN all day and have heard no such talk. If you were to ask anyone who has a better shot at winning Oregon State over USC or Ole Miss over Florida this weekend, how many people, fans, analyst etc. do you think would have picked Oregon State over USC?

I'm not arguing it's wasn't a huge upset, but in the national picture of college football this year it's not even close. I've been listening to ESPN all day and have heard no such talk. If you were to ask anyone who has a better shot at winning Oregon State over USC or Ole Miss over Florida this weekend, how many people, fans, analyst etc. do you think would have picked Oregon State over USC?

About the same amount of people who would have picked Ole Miss over Florida: NONE.

looks like we'll have 2 huge match-ups in the coming weeks: Texas vs Oklahoma and Alabama vs LSU. Can't wait.

The Oklahoma/Texas matchup is the one I'm interested in. It'll be the first time either team has a test. I think Alabama will roll over LSU if they play like they did tonight. The quarterback play at LSU has been horrible and the only shot they have is if their defense wins it for them.

Herbstreits top 5 for Monday....

1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Missouri
4. LSU
5. Texas

I'd flip 1 and 2 and that looks about right.

don't say that!

it's a long season in the SEC, anyone can beat anyone any given saturday...except for arkansas.

I think Oklahoma clearly deserves to be #1 right now. I'd put Alabama at #2.

My Top 5:

Oklahoma
Alabama
LSU
Texas
Missouri

Back