Collector Rewards Program

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This all sounds like a great idea to me but I agree that it would probably start with the first item shipped in 2006. Like people have said before it would be crazy for them to go back any more than that.

tomandshell said:
It sounds to me like the points that you earn will be able to be used for discounts on future purchases.

What was most interesting to me was the suggestion that they could have special "Priority Preorder" sales that are only accessible by redeeming your points. Who knows if that would actually happen, but I would love it. Anything that makes it easier to get your order in for the mega-popular items sounds like a good plan.

Of course, this is all speculation until it is officially announced by Sideshow.

That would suck. What if we don't have enough reward points? This only alienates people who use their rewards toward other things. I hope they get this worked out. I think it was kinda dumb for them to announce this so long before they were prepared with it. If your going to announce something, have all the details for it.

PS I am grateful they are doing a rewards program though.

I can't wait to hear the details of this program. I've been buying SS figures for years and I'm not going to slow down any time soon. If anything, I've been buying more since the start of the 12" SW, LOTR and T2 line. Free stuff? Bring it on!

Buttmunch said:
That would suck. What if we don't have enough reward points? This only alienates people who use their rewards toward other things. I hope they get this worked out. I think it was kinda dumb for them to announce this so long before they were prepared with it. If your going to announce something, have all the details for it.

PS I am grateful they are doing a rewards program though.

Well, they didn't really announce anything, so we'll have to wait and see what they actually do with this program. We had a little bit of discussion and hints about what sort of things they might do, but nothing is set in stone.

In order to be the first to order items from Master Replicas, you have to pay them $60 to join their "Collector's Society." This would be a lot better than that, and I'm sure that if the points really can be "spent" on access to preorders, it will be at a pretty low point cost. Cashing them in for discounts would probably be where the big piles of points would be helpful.

Again, this is all just speculation until we hear an official announcement. I'm sure that whatever they have up their sleeves will be met with great excitement and appreciation by the fans, followed by criticism of the paint application and a petition for a resculpt.

I just wish we could pay Sideshow $5 or so and be put on a one of every figure with exclusive list. You would obviously have to priority pre-order the list, but you could only sell 1,000 or so because they need to save some for those that don't sign up. I know I'd pay a few bucks to not have to go through the stress. Also as a perk of the list, when a new item goes up for order you are automatically garaunteed the item UNLESS you contact them saying you don't want it.

tomandshell said:
I'm sure that whatever they have up their sleeves will be met with great excitement and appreciation by the fans, followed by criticism of the paint application and a petition for a resculpt.

So true! Thanks for the best laugh I've had all day.

Buttmunch said:
I just wish we could pay Sideshow $5 or so and be put on a one of every figure with exclusive list. You would obviously have to priority pre-order the list, but you could only sell 1,000 or so because they need to save some for those that don't sign up. I know I'd pay a few bucks to not have to go through the stress. Also as a perk of the list, when a new item goes up for order you are automatically garaunteed the item UNLESS you contact them saying you don't want it.

Yeah, I'd love to, like, SUBSCRIBE to the Star Wars and LOTR lines and have Sideshow automaticly pre-order me, charge me and ship me all the exclusive figures. There would have to be a mechanism to option out of figures, too. Just spit-balling but maybe there's a clause that you can only option out of so many figures per year without being excluded from the subscription or something.

Last edited:
Most of my experiences in this hobby is that any company that has a truly great product has the worst customer and merchant service.

(Art Asylum, just to call one out, had the best figures IMHO a couple years ago but their website forums were run by a Rush Limbaugh ditto head who kept promoting Fox News and picking fights with anyone who made less than flatering connections between Star Trek and the President's war in Iraq. The company itself couldn't cultivate any business partners nor promote their product and we saw one project after another canceled or diminished. It was all very disappointing.)

Sideshow seems to match the quality of their product with their marketing, customer service and their on-line experience. (I have some qualms about the exclusive nature of their exclusives -- though it does seem to be working for them -- but) I am mightily impressed with every aspect of how their business is run.

Wow, this thread was resurrected from the depths! I've been wondering about this as well. I know there's a thread in the "Ask Sideshow" forum, but no word about the program in ages.

Hopefully it's still in the works!! :chew

tomandshell said:
What were you saying about a matter of time?

:rotfl

Yeah, I've got like 16 items on preorder...you'd think that would get me a bracelet or hat at least.

What awards are people expecting?

I'd be happy with a money-saving coupon.

Wor-Gar said:
Yeah, I've got like 16 items on preorder...you'd think that would get me a bracelet or hat at least.

What awards are people expecting?

I'd be happy with a money-saving coupon.

Still no hat for me and I don't want to even look at my pre-orders but I did notice my Kit shipped and weighed like 7 lbs -- 7 lbs for Kit?

Don't tell me they loaded it with more heavy mags and DVDs again, these damn SSC magazines are costing me a bundle in extra shipping charges.

Anyway, yeah, rewards, how 'bout it...

"C'mon please, throw me a friggin' bone"
- Dr. Evil

pjam said:
Still no hat for me and I don't want to even look at my pre-orders but I did notice my Kit shipped and weighed like 7 lbs -- 7 lbs for Kit?

Don't tell me they loaded it with more heavy mags and DVDs again, these damn SSC magazines are costing me a bundle in extra shipping charges.

Anyway, yeah, rewards, how 'bout it...

"C'mon please, throw me a friggin' bone"
- Dr. Evil

My Kit was 4 pounds, so there must be something in there...

Like an extra Kit!

I get one figure at a time delivered so I haven't got a magazine in a long time. I'd love to see the new one. And I've never gotten a DVD. In fact, I've never gotten anything...except a free dark side t-shirt for helping the internet guys over there a few months ago.

tomandshell said:
My Kit was 4 pounds, so there must be something in there...

Like an extra Kit!

You know what Tom? I just remembered thinking the same thing around Christmas time when this same thing happened and they threw in a surprise Monty Python Dead collector as a gift, but that was X-Mas

btw, parcel wt appears in fedex notice/tracking info

pjam said:

I got the same notice with the 7 pound weight. 3 pounds is a lot of extra weight. Maybe it's all my Collector Rewards Points.

Batty said:
I got the same notice with the 7 pound weight. 3 pounds is a lot of extra weight. Maybe it's all my Collector Rewards Points.
If that's the case then you better hope the points are very light!

Back