Collector Product Reviews!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, clearly this is a bad idea all around.

If customers get into heated discussions over nothing, or no benefit is derived from it for customers or the company, maybe it should just go away.

If you don't like being edited and know you will be, don't submit a review.

They aren't editing the reviews, just not posting all that are submitted, just like with the comments area that they have.

I can see 100% why they do it, and it makes sense. But if they're not going to post the dud reviews, why have a 'two sides of the coin' review system? Why not have a 'Post your praises for this piece' system?

I don't get why they would make a system where you can review negatively if they are never going to post negative, even slightly negative reviews.

In all honestly I dont really care about this topic in the slightest, I'm just adding what I thought about when I read through this thread.

Last edited:
The reviews are something I wouldn't use to evaluate an item. First I thought, the site doesn't need them and I don't need the clutter. I didn't need them before, and that is what I am used to now. I get the kind of early report on items, from the board, and are able to interact if I have any questions.

Newcomers may get some benefit from them, and I'm sure Sideshow gets alot of benefit from them. Really, they get a great deal of insight from both the positive and negative reviews. A good marketing excercise. That they choose to post, some or partial, reviews is more an offshoot from having more direct feedback. Feedback that they probably weren't getting from dedicated critical forums, such as this. I'm sure the negatives are looked at closely, though many people arent going to bother sending in negative reviews if they aren't going to be included on the site. As usual, you have to give something a try to see how it works or evolves. They can always srub it if it no longer serves its purpose.

Ah yes creech good point. Whilst the negatives won't be pubslihed for feedback on the site, SS will get feedback on the pieces for their own personal use.

HighElven said:
Ah yes creech good point. Whilst the negatives won't be pubslihed for feedback on the site, SS will get feedback on the pieces for their own personal use.

Agreed. :)

Happy now?

For all you nay-sayers and complainers about SS policy to post only the reviews that they choose (which, gosh darn it, is TOTALLY within their rights, and certainly if you don't like it, then go create your own product and post EVERY review that you get about it on your own damn website!), Sideshow has proved you wrong (but I'm sure you'll decide there aren't ENOUGH negatives...) :rolleyes: :

Kurgan comments (both positive and negative):

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=298#comments

Proved us wrong or decided that we were right? Again, a matter of opinion. Actually, wasn't this what you had said:
Migwit said:
I think SS has taken to heart some of the board members' complaints about the feedback system on the SS site.
However, I did find this interesting when it was posted in the Kurgan thread earlier.
Touche' Sideshow. Good for you.
https://65.24.76.65/sounds/televis/lost_space/lsclass.mp3

Last edited:
Back