Collective purchase proposals anybody?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi you peoples of the SSF forums.

Are any of you looking for rare 1/6 parts, belonging to figures/sets that nobody parts out anymore these days? Are you just like me, not willing to buy a possibly quite expensive figure for just a few parts, then having to sell the rest to recoup the money?

What if you got together with other individuals that needed other parts from the same figure?

What if you all agreed on a price for each part that added up to the price of the whole figure, or at least to an amount that could agreeable to the seller?

You could then ask the seller to part out the figure and send each part to each individual, but since that might not always work (not every seller is willing to take on such a chore) you could instead pass the deal to professionals such as ToyAnxiety, who could make money out of it by getting the figure for less money than the price found on the net (maybe a deposit would be needed then for each individual buyer, so that TA would have some peace of mind), or maybe by asking for a part-out fee to cover handling costs plus benefits. Shipping each part would be paid individually afterwards. TA could even sell unwanted parts on their shop... Such details could be ironed out at the right time.

So, if you are tired of combing eBay, looking for difficult-to-find 1/6 stuff, and would rather not depend on TA (or any other kitbash shop) to get it for you (to only miss it afterwards because somebody else bought it before you), then this could be a solution.

Guys, make a (reasonably long) list of things you need (rare or not). Post it here. The more posts, the more chances to make a complete figure. I'll post mine in a while (at work now). If some figure gets close to completion, an individual thread can be created and publicized around, until it is completed.

This could be a nice experiment!
I'll also post a reference to this thread on the TA thread.

Regards,
m.

Well, I don't have a long list at the moment, but I can edit as I go along. This might be a little more complicated than it seems.

1. Hot Toys Zod body ACQUIRED
2. VeryCool VCF-2026 head

It's definitely an interesting idea, it'd be cool if it went smoothly. Seems like this would work best for Ebay listings, but I dunno if the seller would ship to multiple people. A few might have to just chip in, have it shipped to one person, then they part it out to the others.

Here's a few things I'm needing off the top of my head:

1. The white suit from the PopToys Equilibrium set
2. Sideshow TIE pilot belt
3. The left fist and right shield hand from The First Avenger/GA Captain America. There are full hand sets on Ebay, but I don't think $25+ is worth it when I just need two hands.
4. The black suit from the Vor Toys agent set. I don't need the long coat, gloves, or pistol

Only thing I'm after at the moment is long suit jacket from Poptoys Detective 2.0 (ex08).

I also have heaps of parts, so if I see anything I can part with that anybody here is after I'll be sure to pipe up. :)

Back