Collection End Game?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to be back Andrew, in fact I just tracked down Mike EcKo in the Dexter thread and plan on sending him a catch up pm. TheSkull “Pete” is mostly about old school vintage 12” GI Joe and we chat about stuff once in a blue moon. I should reach out to him cause it’s been awhile since we talked and see what‘s going on. Jimmie Dimmick and I talk just about everyday and he lives Like 10 minutes away.

Oh yeah Jimmie Dimmick with the Tarantino Pulp Fiction avatar. I do see Mike in the Joker threads, we don't interact much these days. We need new Terminator figures to get the gang back together.

I‘m trying to remember now you have the same bday as one of my bros and I have the same name as one of yours?

I did remember that you are Keith but now it looks like I only know that because you said this. :lol

Anyways the 22nd is right around the corner and you’re closing in on endgame 😎

Yeah I'm 41 next week. Hard to believe I joined this forum at 26. Long time to stick around on an internet forum, although I've got nothing on some others here. There's still a number of 05ers kicking about.

Sorry about P. but I’m sure I could get him back by posting a pic of the Barney Ross black T-shirt in the Terminator thread and saying it’s the same shirt as the MM117, or something 😂

:lol :lol :lol

Also, the eyesight going south makes it a little easier not to spot the wrong hairline for Arnie sculpts 😋

Don't worry, I'll be at hand to point out what you didn't want to know. Yeah, the hair was always my particular peeve, Hot Toys couldn't seem to sculpt Arnie's hair to save their lives. InArt better get their study done. I'll be watching.

Oooh age-related eyesight degradation is

mwlfXoF.gif
Dunno how you feel about it, but posts like this make me glad you're still here.

Awesome, just like old times and I never left….. I‘ve missed this 👍 still drinking the king of beers? I have like one Guinness a year now and get buzzed 😂

Have you been rereading old pms, how are you remembering these things? :lol I actually switched to Coors, tastes pretty much the same and I don't get ridiculed anymore :lol For some reason Budweiser is just deeply ''uncool'' and often can't be got on draught in any case. As for Guinness, I just never took to it and, as a result, I've had to hand in my (Irish)man card.

Dunno how you feel about it, but posts like this make me glad you're still here.

:duff Mutual sir. You've always been a good one on the forum. I remember you having my back in a bit of a kerfuffle with Nam in our early years here. I was of thinner forum skin back then :lol

You raaaaang?

Hey man :wave Good to get the old Terminator crew back up in here.

Was fully expecting an Arnie “I’m back” gif 😂

I would do it but I can’t remember how 🤣

I upload Gifs to imgur and copy and paste the BBCode thingamajig to the forum here. Memes I think you can upload directly here with the Insert Image button.

For some reason I remember the most random sh.. 😆

Anyways, back on topic I’m old and endgame nowhere in sight 😎
Maybe look at buddhism and zen if you looking for some soup searching. I always imagine myself in a matrix like room, you know white walls, white curtains, white floor, maybe a white tv table and a white tv. Kitchen will have a white fridge and toaster and thats about it. Keep it real simple. I believe a small living room would feel really big with this setup. Maybe add one of those round fountain balls to add some zenness.

Well that would be the extra house if i can afford one. Current house will still be overfilled with toys.

But at least i can enjoy some zenness every now n then.

On the plus side, it's all padded and if something falls won't break lol

I'm working on building a new place so have an excuse to take an extended break. 😀

Of course if PE decides to bring some decent quality 12" out and maybe resurrect those old molds to take advantage of the 60th I'll need to reevaluate. I just couldn't support (even indirectly) discount Big Thief in the wake of this.

Big Chief. Ironic name. The Indians finally got revenge for all that stolen land. We're probably lucky no one pitched a 1:6 bridge.

But I'm not bitter. 😉

Last edited:
As I approach 50, my 1/6 collecting is about to end because I've nearly achieved what I set out to do (which is collect the A-list and B-list heroes and villains I wanted or made from my top 5 franchises), getting that "can't take them with you" thoughts and lack of diverse character choices. Seems like these companies acquire a license and make the same characters over and over again or make the easy ones where they don't have to sculpt a face or can recycle parts and pieces.

I'll likely not be 100% out because there will be that figure that pops out and surprises us all with a release but say...99% out. For example I have all the 6" or 7" DC figures that I've wanted for a long time but on rare occasions, a McFarlane fig (on sale) will get a purchase.

I started my collection back in 2009. Now nearly 15 years and close to 300 figures later I get the sense that things are starting to wind down. Its amazing how much has changed since then. Back then I was a kid who had to weigh each purchase carefully. Back when spending even $100 was a big deal, and often I could get a Hot Toys figure close to that with some bargain hunting. So much has changed since then.

I divide my collecting essentially into two parts. Legacy characters from older movies/shows, and new figures. Both seem to be wrapping up.

After next year ill have all of the classic Star Wars, Back to the Future, and Lord of the Rings characters I want. I may occasionally upgrade as figure tech improves.

And on the newer side, I think its fair to say that the Superhero genre's best days are behind it. Even the mighty MCU seems to be winding down, and I don't feel a need to collect a figure from every movie anymore. Hell, I don't feel a need to even watch every movie anymore.

It also helps that I am running out of room for new figures. Already my collection literally has its own room, and I can't fit many more detolfs. Its kind of sad knowing that my time collecting 1/6 has more days behind it than ahead of it, but times change and so must I. Think of all the new cool stuff I can do that I currently spend looking at figures online.

Last edited:
X gonna give it to us all by next year. once that happens world economy will no longer hold and war must happen.

End game is indeed near, for everyone of us not living on mars.

50 has been in my rear view for more than a couple years now. I started shifting gears awhile back. I asked myself "Why am I still doing this, when I have plenty of this stuff now?" The answer was another question "Is it just because it's what I have always done?" I have chilled considerably since then. For me this started with Universal Monsters. Sideshow's hey day with Universal put me back into kid mode (think Aurora monster models). I have passed on more items than I have purchased in the last 10 years, that's for sure.

Will it ever end? Can't say. Maybe once I get to the point where its a burden rather than a fun hobby. We're a gettin' there......

Back