Collecting The Precious @ TheOneRing.Net

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully, they will have some info out soon. I've not seen anything as of yet.

Amen to that! Though I am loving their promo poster:

7b0a1b64.jpg

There had been talk about new editions of Sting and Glamdring and some more stuff on the UC forums. I remember Kit Rae was involved, too.

There had been talk about new editions of Sting and Glamdring and some more stuff on the UC forums. I remember Kit Rae was involved, too.

Yeah I also heard about a GTG staff...god I hope that's true :rock

I got some good news today. I found out UC got an extension on the LOTR license as part of The Hobbit license, so there may be some new LOTR replicas in the next few years. I doubt there will be any tooling intensive real swords added to the line, but a few items, like the long proposed Sauron mace, may finally get made. It would be hard resin, like the Sauron and Witchking helms, though a much heavier weight. In other words, exactly like the Weta prop.

It would be an exact casting of the prop with a steel under structure, metal powder coated parts, then painted and weathered. I looked at a test today (not the mace, but something similar) and watched several people fooled into thinking they were looking at a real weapon until they picked it up. It's not as cold as steel so that's the give away, but otherwise it was very convincing.

Anyone who bought UC's Darksiders sword replica has an idea of what I'm talking about. That one looked and felt like real steel, minus the weight. These new projects will have the weight of steel. This will allow a few items to be made that otherwise would not be possible, including a few of the Dwarven Hobbit swords and a few of the oversized war hammers and a mace.

Hopefully the second Gandalf staff from LOTR and possibly one of the bows will get in the mix too. Probably wishful thinking on my part, but they DID extend the license.

Found the quote.

Cool! Once we get more I will write a news blurb about it. thanks for the heads up.

For the record, I like Gandalf's Moria staff the best. Although I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. :lol

Great article but am surprised about the lack of mention for UC :(

I can't divulge too much right now, but all I will say is that for all those folks who are into lotr weaponry, there is a particularly notable announcement coming very soon.

So stay tuned.

I can't divulge too much right now, but all I will say is that for all those folks who are into lotr weaponry, there is a particularly notable announcement coming very soon.

So stay tuned.

Exciting stuff...look forward to it! :)

I just did a quick search online and I'm surprised no one ever made a replica horn of Gondor. Perhaps I'm mistaken and its just long gone?

I've never seen or heard about a licensed...if anyone had I've have been on it like a car bonnet! :lecture

Back