Collecting SW stuff/hurt love life?or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fiancee is very supportive of my hobby as well, even to the point of giving me a bedroom to furnish my collection in the house-- as long as I don't use the mortgage payment to support it. LOL!

SolidLiquidFox said:
My girlfriend is cool with my collection. As we are remodeling our townhome we are working around some spots to display some pieces and shopping around for display cases.

Proof she's cool with my stuff? here she is helping me unpack my gray hulk...[

You suck! You got a gray hulk!

It's an interesting question and I think some good could come out of older collectors' experiences.

Of course anyone advocating violence to women should be taken out and beaten up and then have their esophagus removed with a can opener...

So let's try to keep this thread out of the sandbox - less vulgarity, etc.
Thanks.

My fiance is cool with the collection. And and I have a lot of toys as well as collectibles. The only issue is how much money I drop on them... that has been an issue from time to time.

But when it comes to introducing a potential partner to my collection that usually went like this: "I want to show you something, but first let me explain that I am still a normal functioning dude". Or something like that, since it can be a bit of a shock to the uninitiated when the find out that they'll be makin' sweet love a room full of "toys".

But honestly, besides some initial questions and funny looks I've never had anyone run out of my house screaming... at least not from the toys :monkey3

Shai Hulud said:
Well..in high school,girls are dumb anyway....

Wait a couple more years...you'll see ..mature women are the best and more..........easy....:lol :lol :lol

Your time will come......:lol

Ditto...:D :cool:

The woman I'm with right now... well she says they are monster (1:1 Darth Maul bust = monster...) (1:1 Greedo Bust = monster)... and the best part... while we are, you know.... I must cover the two with something... :rotfl now...:emperor

anakin1138 said:
The woman I'm with right now... well she says they are monster (1:1 Darth Maul bust = monster...) (1:1 Greedo Bust = monster)... and the best part... while we are, you know.... I must cover the two with something... :rotfl now...:emperor

why? monsters like to watch too..

SolidLiquidFox said:
He probably rigged those busts with cameras to record his sexcapades...

Well... yes... it did cost me alot... but when it comes to that moment she wants to cover those... so it has been a waste of money...:D :rotfl

Darklord Dave said:
Of course anyone advocating violence to women should be taken out and beaten up and then have their esophagus removed with a can opener...

What if she's a zombie or vampire? Sorry dude, if she's something like that, I'm taking her out!

Anway, no problems for me. But that's cause' I'm awesome! Seriously, as long as you put your collection/collecting lower in priorities to signifigant others/prospective signifigant others than usually there's not a problem. And if they won't accept you becase of that, than why would you wanna be with them anyway, other tha the fact that they're super hot and you're a troll? (the last half of that sentence is a joke........kind of)

i have a bedroom and downstairs in the basements its my little workshop. I'm thinking of moving all my figures down there so only I can enjoy them without fear of embarasment cause to tell you the truth, my siblings and parents give me enough "****" for buying all those "toys" haha, so I'm sure others would be the same.
I'll only keep the elite in my room, like the Enterbay one coming up :D

King Darkness said:
Who cares waht girls think. they are only good for a few things anyway, and likeing or dislikeing my collectio is not one of them.
WOW....I dont really remember writing that:eek:....

Dont drink and type kids.

My wife is SUPER SUPER SUPER cool with my collection. So much so in her vows on Saturday on of the lines read " And I promise to support you no matter how many expensive toys you buy...."

I was there that I knew I had married the right woman!!!!!!!!!!

King Darkness said:
WOW....I dont really remember writing that:eek:....

Dont drink and type kids.

My wife is SUPER SUPER SUPER cool with my collection. So much so in her vows on Saturday on of the lines read " And I promise to support you no matter how many expensive toys you buy...."

I was there that I knew I had married the right woman!!!!!!!!!!

Woww..I dream of the day when A girl says this to me...Your wife rocks,King !!!!:rock

She went crazy when she saw how many I had even though I said they were all for her lovely kids! SW LOTR, then SS StarWars PF, then SS Marvel, then Attakus Star Wars. All but the pretty ones now sitting cold in the attic. Daren't tell her about the 12" SW & LOTR line! My addiction now comes to work and has to be sneaked into attic. I fear I may be dicovered and have to sell the lot eventually; still have the kids fighting my battle - until they start blackmailing me! lsvader

It has not hurt my love life in the slightest.

Except the fact that my partner always yells at me when I get a new one. And she complains that I could of spent the money elsewhere. And they are in no way going anywhere in her house (I thought it was ours but anyway.)

Plus she also complains that I paint little figurines (similar to the War hammer stuff but better looking ones than that crap. And cheaper) And that I'm on the computer all the time.

The fact that I run my own internet business which pays the bills and hence need to be on the computer a hell of a lot doesn't mean squat to her.

On the plus side. We went for a run the other day and she didn't even make it around the block.

Gee it feels good just to vent.

Yogie Bear said:
It has not hurt my love life in the slightest.

Except the fact that my partner always yells at me when I get a new one. And she complains that I could of spent the money elsewhere. And they are in no way going anywhere in her house (I thought it was ours but anyway.)

Plus she also complains that I paint little figurines (similar to the War hammer stuff but better looking ones than that crap. And cheaper) And that I'm on the computer all the time.

The fact that I run my own internet business which pays the bills and hence need to be on the computer a hell of a lot doesn't mean squat to her.

On the plus side. We went for a run the other day and she didn't even make it around the block.

Gee it feels good just to vent.

You're way too cool. Leave her.

Back