Collecting SW stuff/hurt love life?or not?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidwolverine21

Super Freak
Reaction score
I figure we could have fun litle discussion on the opnions that if collecting star wars stuff or things that others might call nerdy hurt your love life? It be funny to see just what people think from past experiences or just opinions. I for one being in high school have found that girls dont exactly think your cool if your bringing a obi wan figure to school to repaint in art class lol. Ive ben told that the only action il ever get is from my action figures, anyone else got some funny stories:rotfl

Seriously....

I DONT THINK,TO COLLECT TOYS,DOLLS, STAMPS,MILK BOTTLES OR WHATEVER... MAKES YOU LESS ATTRACTIVE TO WOMEN....

ITS ALL ABOUT PERSONNALITY AND HAVING ....A GREAT WORM...

ALSO REMEMBER,GEEKS ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE TO WOMEN....AND UNFORTUNATELY, IN THIS HOBBY,A LOTS OF GEEKS COLLECT ACTION FIGURES...:lol

Shai Hulud said:
Seriously....

I DONT THINK,TO COLLECT TOYS,DOLLS, STAMPS,MILK BOTTLES OR WHATEVER... MAKES YOU LESS ATTRACTIVE TO WOMEN....

ITS ALL ABOUT PERSONNALITY AND HAVING ....A GREAT WORM...

ALSO REMEMBER,GEEKS ARE NOT ATTRACTIVE TO WOMEN....AND UNFORTUNATELY, IN THIS HOBBY,A LOTS OF GEEKS COLLECT ACTION FIGURES...:lol
Yeah well, we can't all be blessed with the lethal lady killing combination of a great worm and a finger of doom.:D

Yea i agree and it depends on the girl because most of the time there fine with it cuz im not only a collector but a joker and i play in a decent garage band that helps a lil bit. yea i just made the mistake of bringing one in one day to paint, when your in high school i guess thats a lil weird. lol, i have no problem getting them as long as they dont see my batman blankets batman and spiderman posters my rack of comics, my shelve of figures, lol its hard to get anywhere in a room of comics and figures. :chew

Last edited:
Well..in high school,girls are dumb anyway....

Wait a couple more years...you'll see ..mature women are the best and more..........easy....:lol :lol :lol

Your time will come......:lol

lol yea that sounds about right by the way the link to the post nice, i got a girlfriend to take pics with my figures like that, i almost got her to take one covered in comics would have made a funny cool pics but nooooo.:lol

Too bad they all can't be like the babes that work for Sideshow. Attractive AND they like toys (action figures, I mean)! :D

the main problem with this post is actually caring what they think about it. you'll learn as you gain more experience with age.

just tell them how much they cost and act like the price is no big deal.....and stuff a pair of rolled up socks down your pant. :)

Who cares waht girls think. they are only good for a few things anyway, and likeing or dislikeing my collectio is not one of them.

King Darkness said:
Who cares waht girls think. they are only good for a few things anyway, and likeing or dislikeing my collectio is not one of them.
The King has obviously been celebrating before his wedding tomorrow.

I'm kinda low key when it comes to my collection. My wife sure don't like it since most of my funds go to Sideshow. Many a times we have split up but there is something about me she cannot live without :) Now, I'm no Great worm like Shai, but I guess I can perform some miracle from here and there :monkey1

IMO, it doesnt depend on what you collect, but it does depend on your personality and personal appearance.

If you act and look like a geek then I think to say that women avoid you because you collect action figures or props or whatever, is avoiding the true reason.

Also, If you find that you have a more personal relationship towards your collection than to women, something is not right.

King Darkness said:

:lol :lol :lol COMING FROM A GUY THAT IS GETTING MARRIED TODAY, THATS PRETTY FUNNY...

Even though I don't collect Star Wars, that's a question that can apply to collectibles in general, so..... Since I'm a girl, my experience tends to be a bit different. Unfortunately, there are less girls in the hobby. The reactions I get from people when they find out I collect are: "Cool!" - mainly from guys, and "Ummm....neat" - from many girls.

But it doesn't matter to me in the least what someone else thinks of my collecting. Anyone who gets in a relationship ship with me, marries me....whatever, is going to have to accept me as I am, collectibles and all, because the only person who decides my collecting is me. Just like the only person who decides my personality is me. I don't believe in giving up what you love for someone, or changing your personality to fit someone. Doing those things eventually comes back to bite you in most cases because it builds resentment, and if you split with that person the only thing you have to show for it is how you gave up yourself for them. No thanks.

If someone chose not to like me just because of my intrest in SW collecting I really couldn't give a crap as I would consider them to have a problem if they didn't try to get to know me better before making a decision on what kind of person I am. I like what I like and I'm not changing for anyone just to try and fit in with a certain person or group of people.

So many ways to respond to this ...

When I won my PF Obi-wan from Dark Shadow, my girlfriend came home to find him on the table with my PF Vader. She didn't speak to me until the next morning. :confused: So they're both in boxes, high in a closet, awaiting that day when we move into the new house. :D And my PF Grievous remains a secret on display at the office.

So, yeah. Girls can not only be turned off by collectibles. They can also be downright hostile. :eek:

As for your experience, it sounds to me like the girls at your school were confused, and didn't know how to react. It's a common trait at that age. (I work a lot around high school students.) If something new defies the understanding of the average teenage girl, it's safer for her to react with disdain. Reacting with disdain communicates a belief that she is normal, and whatever she doesn't understand must be the weird thing. Not her. Never her.

It's a defense mechanism.

In your case, it had probably never occurred to them that a post-pubescent guy would actually still be associating with poseable figures based on characters from a sci-fi trilogy. It defies all convention. It's unique. Or, more importantly, it's not what everyone else is doing. So it's better in their minds not to be associated with it. 'Cause, y'know, there's nothing worse than being uncool.

There are, however, plenty of girls in that age bracket who find stuff like this to be very cool. Many of them -- while not on the cheerleading squad or the executive board of the student council or the prom committee -- are also very, very hot. They're fun, accessible, and open-minded.

And, you know, into new things. :chew

lol people misunderstood my original intent of the thread it made me sound more like i was asking opinions about my situation but i was just trying to get some funny stories out of it lol. personaly i get lil problems from collecting, my story was to just to start off so anyone else could post.

Back