Collecting Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you focus on collecting Star Wars?

• Original Trilogy only

Votes: 36 29.5%
  • Prequel Trilogy only

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • OT & PT

Votes: 45 36.9%
  • OT, PT & expanded universe

Votes: 35 28.7%
  • I don't collect SW at all

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
My main focus is OT...some PT...even way lower on EU...

Now I dont buy everything, just pick and choose...

EFX: OT Only...but I might order McQuarrie Vader helmet.
Gentle Gaint: OT/PT busts (PT only if its on sale), OT/PT Maquettes, OT statues only.
Sideshow: PF OT/PT only, 12" OT/PT/EU, Diorama's OT only.
Art Prints: OT only.

i get anything to do with star wars be it OT,PT, or EU, i just pick the stuff i really like though and mainly focus on 1/6 scale figs.....although i am getting my first PF(ex. anakin).

I collect mainly Jedi and Sith and I will get every incarnation they make of them.
I will likey pick up the Utapau Trooper and Cody. I will get Rex if they make an CW Anakin. I will probably get Jango Fett.
As much as I love the OT I don't want multiples of the same characters.

That being said, I won't be surprised if I gradually start picking up the ANH versions I missed very shortly.

Mostly OT. I own a few PT pieces at the moment and will pick up a couple of CW items like the GG and Koto Captain Rex.

I grew up with the OT so thats my main focus but I did like the prequils (excpet maybe for TPM) so I will buy some thing from the PT and any other things that look neat. I just ordered the Shadow of the Sith ACME giclee from sideshow because it looks cool and I would love to have a Darth Malak or Revan 12" figure.

Last edited:
The only Star Wars toys I collect are Kubricks and a couple of Sideshow figures, and I pretty much exclusively collect the original trilogy figures. I might pick up a couple of the new trilogy Kubs at some point (like Sidious in the next wave, since I can't find a reasonably priced OT Palpatine), but not many. I really can't stand the new movies.

I collect 1:6 scale Sith (SS or Medicom) only if I like the sculpt. I started this habit because of SW but I only have a few figs either lack of figs or unimpressed sculpts...:confused:

I prefer to collect the figures from the OT but I also get figures from the PT. I would also consider some of the expanded universe if we ever get a jara jade, the solo twins... etc..

Back