Collecting & Girls - What's your experience?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This can work both ways. I have dated several men that turned out to nurse minimalist ideals and considered collecting of any form, whether quality antiques or pop culture toys, unacceptably "materialistic".

Further a lot of guys consider comics and toys inherently puerile. I would have brow beat them to get them to read quality literature like Maus or Persepolis, let alone convince them that the X-Men was acceptable.

On top of that they have the sexist notion that women are never into these things and cannot process my hobbies in their worldview.

There was this one time when I saw a guy try to hit on this young blonde woman, and he called her a girl to her face, and then she assertively exclaimed, I am a WOMAN! Mayday mayday... She had a very young voice, though like she was 12. She was clearly at least 24, though. It was obvious that that one statement he made put his rap into a nose dive that was unrecoverable. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

:rotfl Maybe it has something to do with how he delivered it? :dunno My other guess is it might've been that time of the month :p jk (half-meant)

Honestly speaking, I swing both ways and for the life of me, I don't understand girls/women either so I feel for you guys :slap

There was this one time when I saw a guy try to hit on this young blonde woman, and he called her a girl to her face, and then she assertively exclaimed, I am a WOMAN! Mayday mayday... She had a very young voice, though like she was 12. She was clearly at least 24, though. It was obvious that that one statement he made put his rap into a nose dive that was unrecoverable. :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
U5uRN.jpg

Women > Dolls

Family > Dolls

1. Keep your collection in one room (not the bedroom)

2. Don't show it off, collect for yourself and display it nicely if you want

3. Never talk about it. If she asks what you like to do or what your hobbies are, say her

4. If you get really close and intimate, like you want to spend the rest of your life with this woman, tell her. Never lie about it. Also make sure it isn't a problem financially or emotionally. Your woman or wife should come before your collection of junk.

Hell, you might even find someone that loves this stuff too and is comfortable sharing it. I've had some that think it's cute and others that don't even give a ****. It varies from person to person.

But yeah, I'd never open up with, "yo gurl, I collect toys, wanna come back to my house and see my doll collection". I'd expect her to lol because I would too. There's a time and a place for it. If you're not an obsessed weirdo, this crap should be secondary, i.e. a hobby. You express your fascinations with this hobby on here, not out there.

Last edited:
Women > Dolls

Family > Dolls

1. Keep your collection in one room (not the bedroom)

2. Don't show it off, collect for yourself and display it nicely if you want

3. Never talk about it. If she asks what you like to do or what your hobbies are, say her

4. If you get really close and intimate, like you want to spend the rest of your life with this woman, tell her. Never lie about it. Also make sure it isn't a problem financially or emotionally. Your woman or wife should come before your collection of junk.

Hell, you might even find someone that loves this stuff too and is comfortable sharing it. I've had some that think it's cute and others that don't even give a ****. It varies from person to person.

But yeah, I'd never open up with, "yo gurl, I collect toys, wanna come back to my house and see my doll collection". I'd expect her to lol because I would too. There's a time and a place for it. If you're not an obsessed weirdo, this crap should be secondary, i.e. a hobby. You express your fascinations with this hobby on here, not out there.

wow, collecting is your dark little secret, your dark passenger. It's like your other life or something. you collect in the shadows, you live a double life.

:rotfl Maybe it has something to do with how he delivered it? :dunno My other guess is it might've been that time of the month :p jk (half-meant)

Honestly speaking, I swing both ways and for the life of me, I don't understand girls/women either so I feel for you guys :slap

He delivered it really cool and casual, and self assured. He was relaxed. The second I saw him go up to her I knew there was something to see.
She looked like she had big fake boobs, by the way, and dyed blond hair. She was really fit, wearing spandex.

Never come across this tread before, 3 years ago I brought a girl home, and she thought it was weird that I collect 'dollies' as she called them, after she asked a few questions about them and started to understand a bit more she grew to like them, 3 years later we are getting married lol

Dolls are weird and the little clothes creep me out. You guys should be ostracized by the other sex. Im sure they immediately think of the 40 year old virgin and tell their friends afterward over enornous laughter. People tend tend to look at my sculpts with awe, however not many enter my mancave.

Your pal,

Bodie

Dolls are weird and the little clothes creep me out. You guys should be ostracized by the other sex. Im sure they immediately think of the 40 year old virgin and tell their friends afterward over enornous laughter. People tend tend to look at my sculpts with awe, however not many enter my mancave.

Your pal,

Bodie

right......

How do you know when a girl becomes a woman?

She calls herself one.
Once I considered myself a woman, I found men stopped calling me girl. And if they do, it feels condescending.

Your pal,

Bodie
:mwaha

She calls herself one.
Once I considered myself a woman, I found men stopped calling me girl. And if they do, it feels condescending.

Is this is a trick question? Is the appropriate answer when there is grass in the field, play ball? :rotfl:monkey1

She calls herself one.

The flipside of that - When you hear "I deserve respect! I'm a man!" the more likely it is he's still a boy.

Interesting thread.

I've been with my Wife for 12 years and married for 10. I knew collecting wouldn't be a problem back when we were dating. We were at the mall and went into Spencer's Gifts. We came across a Halloween/Michael Myers statue and she was like "how cool....you should get it". :yess::lol

Should we bring back this thread? Its been awhile and I'd be interested in new people's opinions.

Also, I created this thread and based the topic when I was a single guy looking for a lady. Last year I met a girl, and she was very impressed with my collection and customs. A few months later she moved in with me, and I couldnt be happier. She actually supports my hobby and enjoys my collection. If you dont believe me, this is what our room looks like...

8x38.jpg

So I guess the right woman will support your odd hobby no matter what. :D

Back