Collecting from UK just got more expensive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that the UPS charges were less as much as the customs duty and/tax that's put on top of the price and UPS fees were much lower since the reported value of the figure was too low. So I guess it could work out even more expensive now if UPS have higher fees for the "service" of taking more of your money and put it in the hands of the government than what FedEx had.

It's not that the UPS charges were less as much as the customs duty and/tax that's put on top of the price and UPS fees were much lower since the reported value of the figure was too low. So I guess it could work out even more expensive now if UPS have higher fees for the "service" of taking more of your money and put it in the hands of the government than what FedEx had.

The FedEx handling fee is £13 if I remember rightly, then the VAT and Duty. So in total on a $229.99 figure with a $30 shipping fee I would pay about £59 in charges.

But UPS initial shipping cost is $62.38, then I will have the additional charges upon arrival. So it's going to work out more right?

Fed Ex don't charge brokerage if you open an account with them to have your customs bill paid by card automatically.

What just a bog standard free account online?

But how will they link my shipments to an account? Just by matching up the address?

The Surcharge by these companies is because these packages don't go through the system as easy as a domestic or European one would. They have to be handled more, the shipping company pays the government charge because if they didn't we'd all be complaining that our packages are held up in customs waiting for them to sort out the charge with us directly which would take ages. The charge is then owed back to the shippers which again causes more work for them than the average parcel. I agree it's a pain in the arse but you don't get anything for free in this world!

The Surcharge by these companies is because these packages don't go through the system as easy as a domestic or European one would. They have to be handled more, the shipping company pays the government charge because if they didn't we'd all be complaining that our packages are held up in customs waiting for them to sort out the charge with us directly which would take ages. The charge is then owed back to the shippers which again causes more work for them than the average parcel. I agree it's a pain in the arse but you don't get anything for free in this world!

I don't think there is any justifying it! We get raped left, right and centre in England!

As said, Fed-Ex don't hold your item or take a handling fee if you open an account with them.
You pay the 20% V.A.T which is, unfortunately, unavoidable.

The kick in the teeth is paying V.A.T on postage costs.

I've had free shipping and no charges on orders from China and Hong Kong sellers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've had free shipping and no charges on orders from China and Hong Kong sellers.

So have I, and that's why I've switched to a HK seller. Sideshow do things by the book, meaning all their parcels are valued accurately and all go through customs.

So have I, and that's why I've switched to a HK seller. Sideshow do things by the book, meaning all their parcels are valued accurately and all go through customs.
🙈🙉🙊Ssh don't want the press to find out about the tax avoidance in Star Wars 1/6 figure collecting world!

Can you say who the seller is?

Can you say who the seller is?

You never know who might be reading this (or posting in this thread). We've already had one spirited defence of those wonderful handling fees that are so popular around here.

You never know who might be reading this (or posting in this thread). We've already had one spirited defence of those wonderful handling fees that are so popular around here.

Yeah and I guarantee that twat wasn't from the UK so of course he ain't going to have a problem with it!

I too would like to know a decent reliable HK seller.

Yeah and I guarantee that twat wasn't from the UK so of course he ain't going to have a problem with it!

I too would like to know a decent reliable HK seller.

Timcent88 is simply the best, 100% trustworthy.

I've also ordered about 6 or 7 figures from Loontentoys in China and found him reliable, although I would only buy from him when an item is in stock, not pre-order.

Timcent88 is simply the best, 100% trustworthy.

I've also ordered about 6 or 7 figures from Loontentoys in China and found him reliable, although I would only buy from him when an item is in stock, not pre-order.

But you would pre order from Timcent88?

Sux being in the uk. I have a couple of suppliers I go to here and a couple in germany and france which have been decent so far.
I try to avoid the USA at all coasts now.

Gyspycatcha
Who do you source from in Germany and France? I'm a Brit in Sweden and sometimes source from UK but could do with a few more options, especially ones that might have a better shipping rate to my location. (Germany)

Do people pay vat if they use people like loontentoys, Tim cent etc? I'm just curious as this may be the route I go if I can avoid vat or at least reduce the charges.

Do people pay vat if they use people like loontentoys, Tim cent etc? I'm just curious as this may be the route I go if I can avoid vat or at least reduce the charges.
I ordered from timcent, the box had a customs invoice stating it as "gift" /toy worth $15 making it exempt from any customs charges. So it's if you are happy to go along with this deceit to save £30/40 🙄

Back