Cobra Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, he is more of a $80 figure. AlterEgo should have him for $90 or so.

Not that big of deal to me, I'll do what I can to support this line!!!

Yup, $80 I'd have have been cool with. I know $20 extra isn't much and I usually don't stress over the price tag on figures...but I guess I'm not feeling an army builder for $100 a pop :(

Cobra Trooper summary that will appear on the package interior:

There are many scales on the belly of the COBRA organization. Outcasts, deserters, and those who are disillusioned are the typical candidates that COBRA targets to join their forces. These anonymous individuals that swell the COBRA infantry begin their careers as COBRA Troopers. They are usually the first COBRA forces encountered in combat by the G.I. Joe team on their missions. These troops, or "blueshirts" as the Joe team refers to them, are forces to be reckoned with. Each trooper is trained in many different forms of hand-to-hand combat, extensive weapons and demolitions handling, as well as disguise and stealth. This physical and psychological training molds these individuals into sadistic and hardened troopers. With COBRA cells spread across the globe, troopers may be dispatched anywhere in order to carry out their missions. COBRA demands complete and unwavering loyalty to their high command but more importantly to their objective of world domination. Only those most merciless on the battlefield, ruthless in their ambition and lustful for power can climb the ranks in COBRA. The same maniacal traits which fuel COBRA Commander slither in the veins of each COBRA Trooper........COBRA!

Here's Cobra Commander's:

He leads the force of COBRA, a ruthless terrorist organization that has become a thorn in the sides of the GI Joe team and threat to the entire world. He has legions of soldiers, millions of dollars and an arsenal of state of the art equipment at his disposal, yet the man remains a mystery. Cobra Commander is as arrogant as he is ruthless, and if there is a face of evil, it lies under a blue shroud. Bent on world domination, Cobra Commander cuts a swath through freedom, liberty, and justice. He will stop at nothing to push his forces to victory. The only thing in his way: GI Joe.

Both the vintage filecard for the Cobra Soldier and 25th Cobra Trooper cards mention them as being experts with the Dragunov. I wonder if SSC will change that to AK-47.

cobra.jpg

GIJoe25th-568.jpg

I've always thought it was odd for the battlefield "grunts" of Cobra to be charging into battle with Sniper rifles (AK-47's make much more sense) but I still wish it was being included with the Trooper.

If there isn't an exclusive for this figure, I won't buy it directly from Sideshow, as their shipping rates to Canada are pretty expensive (I don't know why they don't just use USPS). Any advice on where to get it cheaper from another retailer?

Both the vintage filecard for the Cobra Soldier and 25th Cobra Trooper cards mention them as being experts with the Dragunov. I wonder if SSC will change that to AK-47.

I've always thought it was odd for the battlefield "grunts" of Cobra to be charging into battle with Sniper rifles (AK-47's make much more sense) but I still wish it was being included with the Trooper.

It's actually an AKS-74 with an GP-25 Grenade launcher. :D
But you're 100% right, the Dragunov is a specialized sniper rifle, not suitable for grunts. Both Hot Toys and 21st Century Toys have released a Dragunov as a carded weapon. So there's plenty of those out there to replace or add to your Cobra Trooper.
I already have a couple of Dragunovs ready to slap into his hands.

I ordered one through Sideshow, but I'll likely cancel and get one through an online retailer since there's no exclusive.
Overall I think he looks fantastic. Yeah the helmet could look less flat on top, but it's no big issue.
I definitely will get one, and would love two to flank the Commander, but one will be enough for me. :D

I like everything about this figure except:

The webgear looks cheap (switch out with HT or Soldier Story gear)
The helmet doesn't look removeable

I kinda wish this line was based on the comic books. I'd love to see Cobra Vipers, Zartan, Major Bludd and Tomax and Xamot.

I like everything about this figure except:

The webgear looks cheap (switch out with HT or Soldier Story gear)
The helmet doesn't look removeable

I kinda wish this line was based on the comic books. I'd love to see Cobra Vipers, Zartan, Major Bludd and Tomax and Xamot.

Pretty sure we still will see all of them. sideshow is drawing from ALL sources of the GI JOE mythos for their ideas, and adding on top a "real world feel". I'll be more than a little shocked if we Don't see all of those characters you just mentioned.

Pretty sure we still will see all of them. sideshow is drawing from ALL sources of the GI JOE mythos for their ideas, and adding on top a "real world feel". I'll be more than a little shocked if we Don't see all of those characters you just mentioned.

Aside for Zartan, I actually would be surprised to see the others made, or at least any time soon. At only 4 or 5 figures a year, it will take a long time to get to "all" of the "big names." I'd say Destro, Baroness, and Storm Shadow are all ahead of those guys listed.

What do you mean? All those characters were in the toy line and cartoon as well...

Back