Cobra Trooper Photo/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are the best so far.

Yeah the troopers, all of the them, are great!

If they weren't $100 a pop I would probably get a few more.

:lecture I'd love to have a few more too.

I lucked out a bit in the auctions I won. Got a $25 ebay GC that I used on my Officer so he only ran me $50 total and the Trooper was 70 shipped.

Definitely two of my favorite figures the Trooper and Officer. And they are so good at taking orders.

Prisoner.jpg
is that Chuck Norris in the sack? are they gonna put a rat in there?

Dangit Mando! Now I've found myself piecing together a Major Bludd! :lol

First it was only a Destro since we don't have a SS one, then it was Firefly because SS mess up, now its Major Bludd! You and Seb are a bad influence! :lol

Nice pics, I just don't like how the troopers turned out. Why SS never addressed the short length of the sleeves or choose to give the troopers Stickered emblems is beyond me. I can understand if these were sold cheaper or through Hasbro, but at the price these are going for, it just doesn't make sense.

Nice pics, I just don't like how the troopers turned out. Why SS never addressed the short length of the sleeves or choose to give the troopers Stickered emblems is beyond me. I can understand if these were sold cheaper or through Hasbro, but at the price these are going for, it just doesn't make sense.

Wow, couldn't disagree more. I think these are some of the best figures SS has made.... by far.

I only have the sniper so far...but I am completely in love with the figure! I am working on getting troopers at a decent price...I hope it works out.

My pics didn't come out the best, it was 3am and raining.
I wasn't worried about the sleeves, but losing something in the yard. Gotta say though, I love the COBRA Troops! Much better in person than I was expecting. I wasn't sure I'd like the cloth balaclavas, but their awesome! I really like how Sideshow just made them for the lower part of their face, that's how they looked in the cartoon & comics. Only thing I want is more! The officers head is soooooo much better.
I REALLY hope Sideshow does the original Viper, that way we get a blue cobra trooper with a silver emblem and black mask.

2viperpilot.jpg

Well if they get it right, I'll be in, until then, I have Mando to thank for showing some bad ass joes. That Major Bludd looks wicked cool. Nice job Mando! You should really send SS some pics and remind them why these are the classic joes.

The Viper goggles is definitely one of those odd sculpt Joe things. Like Avalanche's nuncucks or Duke wearing two shirts. Still the goggles do make the Viper look cooler somehow.

My pics didn't come out the best, it was 3am and raining.
I wasn't worried about the sleeves, but losing something in the yard. Gotta say though, I love the COBRA Troops! Much better in person than I was expecting. I wasn't sure I'd like the cloth balaclavas, but their awesome! I really like how Sideshow just made them for the lower part of their face, that's how they looked in the cartoon & comics. Only thing I want is more! The officers head is soooooo much better.
I REALLY hope Sideshow does the original Viper, that way we get a blue cobra trooper with a silver emblem and black mask.

2viperpilot.jpg

Yeah, I'd love to have both too.... My trooper gets here Friday. Got a spot on the shelf by CC and the Officer just waiting for him.

Noob alert! Anyone know if there some heads you can buy that fit the cobra soldier body, so that you could have variety in the troopers?

Well i think any head will fit. But you will have to find a head small enough to fit the helmet.

The one that comes with the slim true type works good.
King Darkness used it on his trooper.

I just bought my first Cobra Trooper. I won it on eBay for 90.00 shipped. Seems like a good price to me. I think that after tax and shipping I came off about 30.00 under what I would have paid buying directly through Sideshow.

And I am by no means dogging on buying from Sideshow directly. The PPOs are fun to me, I like being the first person...or nearly so...to get the figures, I love having the outstanding customer service, I like getting the points, and simply enjoy the "community" feel of discussion of the new figures during the PPOs. I will always prefer getting the figures directly from Sideshow even over a good discount from a retailer.

But I missed this figure and the discount is sort of a consolation prize, to me, for having to get it so late.

The officers head is soooooo much better.

You could have the Glider Viper now with one of Face's decals.:naughty

Back