Cobra Sniper.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red planet Toys has the Sniper parted out if anyone is intrested.

Btw, I need your guys opinion. I have all the pieces necessary to make the Sniper. Im o the fence on should I keep him in black (A made up figure that looks cool), or should I give him the blue uniform (regular Cobra Trooper) but with sniper gear. I have enough stuff to make one or the other. What would you guys do?

I just came to this thread to mention the same thing.

I was glad to find this. I picked up the stuff that I need to convert my Cobra Trooper to the black uniform so he can be "Sniper Security". I also picked up the body/head so that I can use the sculpt for my kitbash Firefly. There are still a few parts that I need to find for that, though. I need to find some 1:6 scale C4 and a few other things. I saw 1:6 scale C4 about a week ago, but I can not remember where.

Edit - And otm - I like the black a lot better...but if you don't want to get cyber-lynched, go with the blue.

Red planet Toys has the Sniper parted out if anyone is intrested.

Btw, I need your guys opinion. I have all the pieces necessary to make the Sniper. Im o the fence on should I keep him in black (A made up figure that looks cool), or should I give him the blue uniform (regular Cobra Trooper) but with sniper gear. I have enough stuff to make one or the other. What would you guys do?

Buy the Sniper and use the extra kit to build a SAW gunner.

Buy the Sniper and use the extra kit to build a SAW gunner.

Thats a good idea. But, dont you think the sniper would look odd next to the trooper and the newly converted, to original, officer?

If Sideshow was to make more trooper variants, how would people feel about more made up troopers (specifically colors)?

Last edited:
I wouldn't go too much further with SSC-original, color-coded variants. Can't think of any besides the Stinget driver. I'd rather see Eels, Snow Serpents, Vipers, Crimson Guards, etc.

My Cobra "Snooper" (Sniper/Trooper) layin' it down for a Joe punk bit_h.

DSC06725.jpg

OK...that is my not-yet-finished kitbash Firefly standing in for Snake Eyes until I get one.

i don't think SE would ever allow himself to end up in that situation. he's like He-Man. unstoppable.

EDIT: Write that down.:lecture

Last edited:
i don't think SE would ever allow himself to end up in that situation. he's like He-Man. unstoppable.

Not in my G.I. Joe reality. In "Cruel's World", he is a simpering pansy coward who uses the mass amounts of equipment and gadgets to overcome the knowledge that he has week Ninjutsu. That's why he has to have a gun.

I think a more appropriate title for this figure is Headhunter.

LOL...yeah, I am really looking forward to my other sniper head getting to me for Firefly. But I swapped over the one in the picture, and it actually looks alittle small to me.

I am really looking forward to painting the new one to try to match the uniform. I like the washes that Elvis and King did, but I am debating on doing the same thing.

LOL...yeah, I am really looking forward to my other sniper head getting to me for Firefly. But I swapped over the one in the picture, and it actually looks alittle small to me.

I am really looking forward to painting the new one to try to match the uniform. I like the washes that Elvis and King did, but I am debating on doing the same thing.

I'm not sure about the weathering on the uni either, I got a Cobra Trooper head to swap but I will choose what looks best with my blacava or I might even paint the Trooper head.

I'm not sure about the weathering on the uni either, I got a Cobra Trooper head to swap but I will choose what looks best with my blacava or I might even paint the Trooper head.

That balaclave that you painted looks to be a great match to the camo, so if you weather the camo and stick with the balaclava, you might need to weather the balaclava as well.

Back