Cobra Commander Podium 1:6 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words, Buttmunch. I'm happy that you like it! :rock

Here's a pic of the drape backdrop all painted up. Is black ok or should I go for a dark gray or a hammered metallic gray or something different?

And for the Cobra symbol, should it be red, silver, gray? I'm leaning towards a dark red but just curious what others think.

I'd say red. The red just looks best on the blue to me. Not a fan of the silver on blue like the Cobra officers sometimes have.

And as I promised you, here are pics of the podium. Oddly enough I think I have the EXACT same suit and tie as you! It came from a Donald Trump figure (who I know have wearing the "smoking jacket" that I had Cobra Commander wearing before). I thought that suit on yours looked familiar. Strange how this suit fits the Pro just fine, but to me, a Reservoir Dog suit drowned it. Anyway, please excuse the crappiness of the pics because of the flash.

rotationofdsc01251.jpg

rotationofdsc01253.jpg

rotationofdsc01252.jpg

rotationofdsc01254.jpg

rotationofdsc01255.jpg

Thanks for those pics, Buttmunch! :rock

Here's the display stand with the cloth backdrop. I used a stencil made by EvilFace to paint the Cobra emblem on it. It was very time consuming since the material I'm using wanted to really soak up the paint but it was worth it.

Thanks for those pics, Buttmunch! :rock

Here's the display stand with the cloth backdrop. I used a stencil made by EvilFace to paint the Cobra emblem on it. It was very time consuming since the material I'm using wanted to really soak up the paint but it was worth it.

THAT IS AMAZING !!!!!!! That is perfect. Red on Blue perfect !

Off to search ebay for a Cobra head !!!!!!!! :eek:

LOL so that's what you were talking about over ebay. Ya I still want a podium. :lol Do you have an extra suit.
It kicks ass.

P.S. The one I bought was blue.

Ah, ShazBo a.k.a. chinkman. :lol Yeah, that's the pic I tried to send you. No extra black suits, sorry!

If you want to save a little money on the podium and you like the enclosed design it's cheaper than the one I put on ebay.

I just found this thread. That final display is beautiful, Coco!

Will you be selling the complete displays with this backdrop?

Thanks, DP! Yeah, I'll be selling just the podium, the podium and backdrop and even whole sets including a finished Cobra Commander figure.

THAT IS AMAZING !!!!!!! That is perfect. Red on Blue perfect !

Off to search ebay for a Cobra head !!!!!!!! :eek:

Thanks, Triple J! :rock

Ah, ShazBo a.k.a. chinkman. :lol Yeah, that's the pic I tried to send you. No extra black suits, sorry!

If you want to save a little money on the podium and you like the enclosed design it's cheaper than the one I put on ebay.

SSSSHHHHH quiet don't get yourelf banned just because hotmail and ebay don't have profanity filters :rotfl

Your Offer sounds cool... How much? Send me a PM

Here's a pic of EvilFace's podium and backdrop setup.

I wanted to do something special since he made me quite a few of the cool vinyl stencils I use for the Cobra emblems so I added a cove detail to the front and sides of the edges and a triple flute on each side column.

Here's an in progress pic...

Back