CM Aragorn resculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any pics of the CM? What is the edition number for this?

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Many thanks
Colin

All CM pieces are limited to 1,000 units. At $1,500 they do sell at a pretty good pace given the slow production of each piece due to their high amount of detail.

There have been no updates on the CM Aragorn. We are all waiting to see the result of the resculpt. The bad feedback was overwhelming. They just had to fix it.

After all this, it would be kinda funny if CM finally came up with the best Aragorn sculpt ever. Not likely tho!

Lembas Eater said:
After all this, it would be kinda funny if CM finally came up with the best Aragorn sculpt ever. Not likely tho!
Hmmm... what do you call "the best Aragorn sculpt ever"? I presume you want Viggo's head on that figure? When I read the book about 20 years ago, Aragorn looked different. In my mind. And in your mind too, right?
Likeness is a tricky thing, sometimes!

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Hmmm... what do you call "the best Aragorn sculpt ever"? I presume you want Viggo's head on that figure? When I read the book about 20 years ago, Aragorn looked different. In my mind. And in your mind too, right?
Likeness is a tricky thing, sometimes!

I would assume it look like Viggo since they are based on the actors of the movie.

They better fix this because for $1500+ it better have no issues. It pretty much sucked at SDCC.

Ooops, I should have indeed said, "Best Viggo Sculpt". Yeah, I've been reading Tolkien long enough to have the characters already pictured in my head, not necessarily the actors. One of the joys of the films or even just illustrations is seeing someone else's vision.

Its just well known how hard a time various sculptors have had capturing Viggo's likeness.

I've been considering buying this piece, IF, and it's a big if, the face sculpt is drastically improved. BBTS has it up for pre-order ($1499 !!! ), are there any other sites pre-selling this, maybe at a better price? When is it expected, anytime soon?

I believe CM won't let dealers sell them much below retail (if at all), so you're not likely to get it for much cheaper.

Back