CM Aragorn resculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KAOSINLA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Credit Cap on SF for contacting CM and getting this response:

".........also, I just received confirmation that the Aragorn we took pictures of is
not the final piece. This was actually a surprise to me as we don't normally
take pictures of Cinemaquettes until they are complete. The most noticeable
change will be in the face. I'm sure this will make Aragorn fans happy. The
pictures we took were actually approved by New Line as photos. However, we
still have
to submit physical samples for final approval. We just needed the pictures
to make our solicitation.

Glad to see they are listening!!!

I thought everyone loved this sculpt? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous or ironic manner and is expressed through vocal intonations such as over-emphasizing the actual statement or particular words.

While they're at it, they should consider resculpt Jack Sparrow's face too :)

That's the problem with listening to the fan base - they might take this seriously and ruin Jack!

This statement about Aragorn isn't as encouraging as it sounds. It seems NL approved that sculpt so I doubt CMQ will deviate too far from it. And the fact that Jack and Indy were perfect and NOT approved is also scary - Disney and Lucasfilm could still ruin those as well.

It'll take a lot to improve that head sculpt. Maybe Sideshow will do a premium format of Aragorn in that get up. Of course, I think Viggo is becoming as imfamous as Harrison Ford to get a good face sculpt. At least it seems that way.

Good heavens...I just saw the cm Aragorn for the first time--scared the bajeezers outta me!!! That guy is freaky repulsive! They nailed Ford and Depp, but man! Look at the face on Aragorn! Dude it's scary! I am SO glad they are changing it, for their sakes....

Although the costume is BEAUTIFUL on him.:cool:

Captain Aldeggon said:
Good heavens...I just saw the cm Aragorn for the first time--scared the bajeezers outta me!!! That guy is freaky repulsive! They nailed Ford and Depp, but man! Look at the face on Aragorn! Dude it's scary! I am SO glad they are changing it, for their sakes....

Although the costume is BEAUTIFUL on him.:cool:

Yeah, the costume is really nice. If they cut off his head and had Weta sculpt a new one, I would purchase one. LOL.

Thanks,
Mike

mrichards2002 said:
Yeah, the costume is really nice. If they cut off his head and had Weta sculpt a new one, I would purchase one. LOL.

Thanks,
Mike

Weta???? Let GG do the head. They seem to be the only ones to get it right....And while their at it, have them do Frodo too!!!!

The Weta Aragorn Bust is not that bad. LOL. Can't say much for the Aragorn Statue they put out. But they made up for it with Elessar and Aragorn at the Black Gates. Weta got better with the human sculpts in my opinion as the line grew.

Cromagnagorn ....

NO MORE!?

LOTRFan, this is heartbreaking news! :monkey2

I can't comment much as the CM are all outta my price range, but I would expect that the facial likeness would be a little better on these. Even Jack Sparrow looks too heavy in the face, just my own thoughts.

Seaward said:
Cromagnagorn ....

NO MORE!?

LOTRFan, this is heartbreaking news! :monkey2

I can't comment much as the CM are all outta my price range, but I would expect that the facial likeness would be a little better on these. Even Jack Sparrow looks too heavy in the face, just my own thoughts.

Certainly a bit wide, and you are right considering the cost ... they all should be homeruns.

Dang.... I was gonna buy it and put a speedo on it and call it a custom Randy MAcho Man Savage statue. :rotfl :rotfl

Back