cloudfilter's AH Catwoman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloudfilter

Freaked Out
Reaction score

Catwoman 01 by cloudfilter

If there's one thing better than finally buying your grail figure, it's finally finishing making your own grail figure...
So here's mine: Catwoman, AH style!
The AH stands for Adam Hughes the CW cover artist of most of the last few years and also to an extent stands for Audrey Hepburn, who seems to have been a strong influence on Hughes' drawings. I'm glad I managed to wrap this up in time to beat the upcoming film's release, I don't need a bunch of people telling me that I messed up my attempt at an Anne Hathaway likeness!
The heads are all sculpted from scratch, working from some Hepburn photos more at the start of the project then moving over to Hughes drawings at the end, so it is very specifically a Catwoman portrait and not a Hepburn. The two biggest differences are the nose in profile and generally making the face rounder and sort of stronger and healthier. I think the subtle crafty smirk is very particularly Selina, too.
Her hairstyle in the cowl off head I'm not completely happy with, but I couldn't replicate the proper bouncy tousleyness in clay without her hair looking massive and solid so I shortened her style.
Here're some photos of the master sculpt before casting lost the pore-level detail: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cloudfilter/sets/72157629475122563/
The goggles up and goggles down positions are interchangeable heads rather than movable goggles. Oh, and the eye position going from straight ahead to off to the side on the goggles up heads are different swappable heads too, it's not because I've managed to add PERS to a homemade head! (someday though... )
The catsuit was sewn from scratch, this maybe being the tenth revision of the design shown. The two areas of difficulty being getting the neck profile so thin from the front so her neck's narrower than her jawline and swinging it so that there's no big ugly seam showing on the outside of her legs. The body side seams curve in and join out of sight at the back in a kind of thong shape.

The boots are ACI [EDIT: silly me no they aren't, they're Phicen]. I think I was really lucky that possibly the only decent sewn female boots made by any company just happened to be a style that went with her. If it wasn't for Phicen she'd be clomping around in male Newline SS paratrooper boots or something!
The whip is HT Indiana Jones'.

I'm a little colourblind, pretty crappy at seeing skintones, so during my photoshopping I may have ruined some or all of the colours in the photos, so if she looks a queasy green or has a stupid Essex fake tan in any of these that's why.
Thanks for reading, on with the show!
There's a more exhaustive Flickr gallery here, but here're some of the best shots:

Catwoman 04 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Catwoman 12 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Catwoman 18 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Catwoman 07 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Catwoman 08 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Catwoman 20 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Catwoman 10 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Catwoman 05 by cloudfilter, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is so sexy and really live Catwoman! Really don't words from her! And really don't know, if my words take how she looks really beautiful or you, because this is really piece of art!

I will add more photos, because this is really pure beauty!
7316844982_821246dc05_b.jpg

7316845768_76d91e3bab_b.jpg

7316841788_41e3d9390a_b.jpg

7316840186_3968d16259_b.jpg

I'm in love.

Always had a thing for Audrey... and Catwoman.... so the two together is like... Reece's.

Beautiful work! A true work of art! I'm going to live vicariously and keep your photos. Thank you.

So impressive. Wonderful concept. The research and execution all came together brilliantly. Bravo

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

The AH stands for Adam Hughes the CW cover artist of most of the last few years and also stands of course for Audrey Hepburn, who is the primary model for the face (In Hughes' drawings as well as my sculpt).

I'm not very familiar with AH's work, but that's the first thing that popped into my mind when seeing the sculpt. :clap
Awesome work all around, love your poses as well.

I`m a huge fan of this Catwoman design, and you`ve really done it justice. One of my favorite customs I have ever seen. The head sculpts, the suit, everything is perfect. What body is it on? Triad?

Wow, that is VERY impressive! Actually this is probably the single most impressive custom figure I've seen lately, it's very stunning. The sculpt, the sly expression and look in the eyes, the outfit and the overall presentation/posing....beautiful. Well done.

so you made the HS with a moving eye system???....thats effing BRILLIANT!!!!....i too echo what they are saying if these go for sale...:)

Back