Clone Wars or Movie figures - preferences?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a huge assumption based on your own preference. I have done some SW costuming at events where I have met people who like the Clone Wars and the PT and do not like the OT. I do think it is all in the age brackets, as they tend to be the younger ones there. (and I do not mean children, though they are there and usually have not yet seen the movies, yet love the cartoon..but give them time!)

All I'm saying is the more source material that comes along, the more fans that will be introduced to it or be swayed by it. That aspect of it is likely to be their favorite, just because it is what introduced them to it. Not all, of course, because the OT movies are very well done, well written adventures!

I always wondered about that. The fact that SW is getting new fans based on the CW or the PT means that Lucas was actually right!:horror
Even having more tolerance or acceptance for the Ewoks and the general silliness of ROTJ meant that you were probably pretty young when you first saw and fell in love with the OT.

I still prefer the look and design of the OT (and perhaps ESB the most), but I like a lot of what I see from the PT and some of the CW stuff although as a whole the look of the CW stuff is a little too stylized and simplified. I haven't gotten any of the 1/6 figures from the CW, but I was/am very tempted by Anakin (I think he came out fantastic), and Capt Rex just cos he's got such great accessories.

I tend to buy what I like. I've purchased almost all of the OT characters and the majority of the PT.

For the CW I passed on Assaj (not much interest in the character) and Snowbunny Padme (dumb design and awful figure). However, I really like and purchased the Kenobi and Skywalker figures.

I mean where would a newb get the impression that many people are preferring Clone Wars stuff over movie stuff? Kind of a silly assumption, IMO.

I'm an OT fan and also liked the PT as well as certain aspects of the EU. If Clone Wars means my shelves are now gonna get stocked with multiple armored figures, I say BRING IT ON! There's been a nice mix of PT/OT/CW/EU to date and I have yet to be really disappointed. It's all Star Wars, I like it all and collect it all. If there should be something I don't care for, I'll pass on it.

I mean where would a newb get the impression that many people are preferring Clone Wars stuff over movie stuff? Kind of a silly assumption, IMO.

I changed the title of the thread - sorry if I changed the intent of the original poster. I get the impression that he was making a comment that it IS silly that Clone Wars figures would get produced instead of feature film characters.

I love the clone war's so i collect the figure's im 20 so i wasn't really into star war's until after i saw episode 1 (dont ask why lol). I collect Pretty much darth V figures and anakin from Revenge of the Sith . The clone wars is my favorite so far.

Good to read many concise replies. I made no presumtion about other collectors interests when creating this thread. Not being a big collector of scaled figures after near 8 years building 1/6 WW2 German Armee with over 200 figures (have a few 1/1 scale originals dressed figures in bunker) with armour all kitbashed and updated through years with better gear was loosing its edge since nothing new was entering market, just re-runs of similar kit. After selling it all in favour of pre-ordering Stormtroopers way back was bold move for me, however seeing that many have a wonderful variety of figures viewing some of their pics and of-course with age gap was wondering where ones loyalties are. Was brought up in 70's so naturally for me OT has never lost its facination.

Temptation for CW Anakin, Obi & Capt Rex is there as they do look superb due to long pause between OT imperials since I'm attracted to dark-side. So my predicament is weather to start up CW to keep my pulse going. Many thanks for welcome being a newb as it looks like already been put in my place :rotfl

Good to read many concise replies. I made no presumtion about other collectors interests when creating this thread. Not being a big collector of scaled figures after near 8 years building 1/6 WW2 German Armee with over 200 figures (have a few 1/1 scale originals dressed figures in bunker) with armour all kitbashed and updated through years with better gear was loosing its edge since nothing new was entering market, just re-runs of similar kit. After selling it all in favour of pre-ordering Stormtroopers way back was bold move for me, however seeing that many have a wonderful variety of figures viewing some of their pics and of-course with age gap was wondering where ones loyalties are. Was brought up in 70's so naturally for me OT has never lost its facination.

Temptation for CW Anakin, Obi & Capt Rex is there as they do look superb due to long pause between OT imperials since I'm attracted to dark-side. So my predicament is weather to start up CW to keep my pulse going. Many thanks for welcome being a newb as it looks like already been put in my place :rotfl

Hunting down a Phase 1 Clone bucket for him on Toy Anxiety will be stressful, but WELL worth it.

As for "newb" I wouldn't worry about it. I find more often than not, it refers moreso to the lack of knowledge by senior members here than newer ones.

Re: Wheres your interests lay

That's me also, just gotta have a rule to prevent myself from spending too much lol.

Yes I think you have to be strong and not buy everything that comes out, (yes I am a culprit at times) so I have decided to limit myself to certain things. Movie figures and vehicles from the OS is the way to go for me now.
To quote Simply Red - "Money's too tight to mention".

Back