Clone Wars or Movie figures - preferences?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wheres your interests lay

Wondering if theres others out there who prefer original trilogy figures to clones wars?

I mainly prefer actual movie characters to CW characters (I mean, I prefer characters from Episodes 1-6)

I buy a lot of PT figures, and some OT. Vader would be my grail, but I can't afford the ridiculous post-retail prices of $200+ on eBay...

oh and by the way...

Welcome to SSF Gebhi!

:fireworks :welcome :fireworks

I'm with the dude person. I only collect figures from the films, no Clone Wars or EU. Not that I have anything against them, just have to draw the line somewhere.

I prefer the movie over the Clone Wars, but that hasn't stopped me from buying some of those too. As for the movie characters, I tend to buy more PT than OT, but I really don't have a preference for one over the other except that I tend to stay away from ANH. I just really don't care about the background characters from it, and have yet to get Leia, Farmboy Luke or Vader. I just recently purchased Han from eBay, and that really was because he had been upgraded to a narrow TT.

Wondering if theres others out there who prefer original trilogy figures to clones wars?

Don't most Star Wars fans prefer OT figures to Clone Wars? I mean, even the people who like CW (and I guess I count myself among them) aren't going to actively prefer it to the OT.

Don't most Star Wars fans prefer OT figures to Clone Wars? I mean, even the people who like CW (and I guess I count myself among them) aren't going to actively prefer it to the OT.

That is a huge assumption based on your own preference. I have done some SW costuming at events where I have met people who like the Clone Wars and the PT and do not like the OT. I do think it is all in the age brackets, as they tend to be the younger ones there. (and I do not mean children, though they are there and usually have not yet seen the movies, yet love the cartoon..but give them time!)

All I'm saying is the more source material that comes along, the more fans that will be introduced to it or be swayed by it. That aspect of it is likely to be their favorite, just because it is what introduced them to it. Not all, of course, because the OT movies are very well done, well written adventures!

Well fair enough, but I just thought it was strange that the original poster seemed to be assuming that he was in the minority in preferring the OT over Clone Wars.

I would like to see every character from every movie, cartoon, book, comic, magazine, radio program and any other medium that has ever been used to tell a Star Wars story, made into a figure. But I want them to be represented in real life style sculpting. Not the animation style they used on Clone Wars Anakin.

Uh, is this a trick question??? :dunno

OT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> CW

Everyday. And twice on Friday's.

:slap

thread title changed for clarification.

Please indicate subject matter in thread titles.

Personally I have a focus on Original Trilogy Imperials (with minor exceptions). But SW is big, you can collect anything...

Back