Media Classic Retro Gaming Varcade Station

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i will tinker a little with this box and hopefully i could at least make one side to work since the parts from under the left players side look undamaged

Geez, thank goodness for that!
Glad you got your money back.

I was hoping you would give positive reviews and raving about how good it is.
Thank you for the feedback. I'm avoiding this.

bummer, I was hoping this was going to be a great product. Nobody else out there has this huh?

New update.
Dont buy this crap! After few emails with customer service i found out i was lied to by at least 3 people. The machine i got looks different from the one on the stock photo, they told me they double checked my order before sending so it only means they did not checked it or they are only sending the version i got and stock photo is only to lure you with much better looking version of the console. I wasnt able to post a review ( i gave 1 star and explain my whole situation) so that made me thinking that the reviews are fake and are only there to make them more legit.
So again dont buy this crap

Welp, that pretty much says everything about this product. I'm glad to hear you got your refund but at this point there's no point being interested in this garbage when you can easily spend much less and build an emulation rig yourself.

Welp, that pretty much says everything about this product. I'm glad to hear you got your refund but at this point there's no point being interested in this garbage when you can easily spend much less and build an emulation rig yourself.

do you know anyone that can make one to hook up to a HD TV?

When i was trying to straighten the broken side of the machine i had to use a lot of muscle to straighten it even a little bit, so i guess if you could get it not broken and you dont mind the poor wording on the face of the station this could be awesome

yup!! as i've been preaching, this is by far the best solution to all this type gaming...

do you know anyone that can make one to hook up to a HD TV?

here...

this is by far the best place to check out to put something together yourself for about $75... tells you what you need and step by step to get it running. will take you 20 minutes for everything w/ one hand tied behind your back! ;)

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/First-Installation

yup!! as i've been preaching, this is by far the best solution to all this type gaming...

here...

this is by far the best place to check out to put something together yourself for about $75... tells you what you need and step by step to get it running. will take you 20 minutes for everything w/ one hand tied behind your back! ;)

https://github.com/retropie/retropie-setup/wiki/First-Installation

Can you please break down this 75$ for us. It comes up to 3 times that if you buy:

Raspberry Pi + power supply
SD card
Game buttons
Joysticks
Controller board
wiring and connectors + tools
Casing

I know most of these are not expensive, but it adds up and you soon reach 200$ or more.

Can you please break down this 75$ for us. It comes up to 3 times that if you buy:

Raspberry Pi + power supply
SD card
Game buttons
Joysticks
Controller board
wiring and connectors + tools
Casing

I know most of these are not expensive, but it adds up and you soon reach 200$ or more.

sorry i was meaning in the stance of the pi3 and usb controller method. if you want the full sanwa arcade style joystick and buttons with a case etc, that all is going to cost more obviously.

but for the standard setup of the pi3, case, power, memory card, usb controller... that can all be done for around $75. and you are good to go full gaming.

but you could pick up 1/2 sheet of 1/2" MDF from depot for $10 and this set of controls for $20 and come up w/ about the same setup.

https://www.amazon.com/XCSOURCE-Enc...85274322&sr=8-15&keywords=usb+arcade+joystick

The Varcade is just running a Pandora's box inside, isnt it? I'd buy the Pandora from you and then you can the $ to buy a Pi and use the remaining parts to build your own rig.. ;)

Or..better yet..just sell me the whole rig? I work on full size Arcade machines as a hobby and could use the parts. Shoot me a PM if interested and maybe we can work a deal.

Back