Classic POTA Ursus, Zira, Zaius review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's time for a little more monkey business tonight...technically, it's ape business, but you get my drift. I'm checking out the second wave of the classic Planet of the Apes figures from NECA, including Zira, General Ursus, and the new version of Dr. Zaius. You can find the review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_121714a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Michael Crawford's Review of the Week - the number one source for action figure, toy and pop culture reviews!

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Thanks for the review!
All three look exceptional. Since I own the Sideshow Apes I was hoping not to buy these, but I love the idea of having Apes that are in scale with NECA's other figures especially the modern Apes from Dawn. I hope to pick these up if I find them.

Great review as usual. And your photos really show off the excellent sculpts this time around.

And yeah, that second Zaius is really growing on me.

Thanks - I'm kinda surprised the words actually string together properly, as I was drinking Rumchata and watching Scandal while I was writing it :D

I'm really impressed with these... I no longer collect this scale, but NECA really did an incredible job. Zaius looks about as good as you could hope for in the scale and the portrait of Zira is spot-on, like you said a bit angry, but they really captured her look rather than it being a kind of generic simian look.

Back