PCS Sons of Anarchy Jax, Clay figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's time to get back to a couple sixth scale reviews this week, starting off with another first entry from a new company in this market - Pop Culture Shock Toys! Well known for their fantastic work on statues and busts, PCS is jumping into the sixth scale market with both feet - and two figures! They've just put up their Sons of Anarchy Jax and Clay figures for order, and I have an early review tonight of the pair. Check it out here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-071116a.htm

or you can find it with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

Nice review. I'm not committing to Jax until they commit to a season 6 and 7 sculpt. I hate that this figure is missing it while Clay has two sculpts. I've seen way too many companies not giving us the right looks out of the gate and no further figures are made because the first ones didn't do well.

Look at Diamond Select's X-Files line for further evidence of this.

Hey Michael - In the 'where to buy' section, you are missing the actual store names and links.

Hey Michael - In the 'where to buy' section, you are missing the actual store names and links.

It's probably your ad-blocker doing it. I noticed the same thing a few months back and when I turned off all my extensions, the store names re-appeared.

With a main character like Jax, you've got to imagine if this line last for more than these two initial figures, they'll need a variant of him sometime down the line - especially if this first figure becomes highly sought after on the secondary markets. Having that later seasons look would make for a legit variant and fill that hole for collectors playing catch up. You rarely see an all-inclusive figure just for that reason.

Glad they were able to send you some early samples and that you liked them so much MWC. I feel you're usually a harsher critic than I am, so I'm sure I'll be very pleased with these as well. Having not purchased from PCS before, are their pre-orders for exclusives like this like old Sideshow Priority Pre-Order bad or if I get there within an hour or two will I probably be OK?

I'll say up front that I wasn't going to buy these anyways, but seeing these up close just shows me more things I don't like. Those tattoos as stickers is such a no-go. I get that's what people do for customs, because there's no other options. But for high-end figures, you need to stamp them on the body. Seeing those shiny stickers is not acceptable.

Granted the bodies don't look good, so I wouldn't display them shirtless anyways, but it just reinforces my opinion that these look cheap.

I mean, the patches, aren't even patches, they're stickers. DAM showed the intricate work you can do in embroidered patched in the GK series, having them be stickers here is just not acceptable. It just sucks, because apart from the heads these look on par to the customs and kit-bashes I've seen out of the community over the past few years.

With a main character like Jax, you've got to imagine if this line last for more than these two initial figures, they'll need a variant of him sometime down the line - especially if this first figure becomes highly sought after on the secondary markets. Having that later seasons look would make for a legit variant and fill that hole for collectors playing catch up. You rarely see an all-inclusive figure just for that reason.

Glad they were able to send you some early samples and that you liked them so much MWC. I feel you're usually a harsher critic than I am, so I'm sure I'll be very pleased with these as well. Having not purchased from PCS before, are their pre-orders for exclusives like this like old Sideshow Priority Pre-Order bad or if I get there within an hour or two will I probably be OK?

They're exclusives usually go pretty quick, but it may not be as bad with 1/6th as some of the statues and busts.

I'll say up front that I wasn't going to buy these anyways, but seeing these up close just shows me more things I don't like. Those tattoos as stickers is such a no-go. I get that's what people do for customs, because there's no other options. But for high-end figures, you need to stamp them on the body. Seeing those shiny stickers is not acceptable.

Granted the bodies don't look good, so I wouldn't display them shirtless anyways, but it just reinforces my opinion that these look cheap.

I mean, the patches, aren't even patches, they're stickers. DAM showed the intricate work you can do in embroidered patched in the GK series, having them be stickers here is just not acceptable. It just sucks, because apart from the heads these look on par to the customs and kit-bashes I've seen out of the community over the past few years.

Agree with everything you said. They look cheap or like customs. The jeans look awful.

Good review! I still picked up both the exclusive versions - my thought is that the final product usually looks better than the first round since they will tweak things as they go. What would be a good move on their part would be to maybe offer some form of accessory pack later on

Great review! I will be holding off on these. Not a fan of the Jax sculpt and the tats. Everything looks pretty good otherwise. I really like the Clay. Just not at that price point for me. congrats to everyone who has been holding out for these.

Back