Clark W. Griswold custom thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is casting one in clear resin possible id like to do a "memoirs of an invisible man" with the particial make up on his face

That IS a good idea! Let me ask the guy who cast these fore me. Still, the mold is about shot, so I don't know. I don't want to have to make another mold if these aren't going to sell anymore. I still have 7 people that I haven't heard from. I'm thinking this thread might come alive again closer to Christmas. Thanks guys, enjoy and PLEASE post pics here or in the Toy Anxiety thread when you have some to show.

Hey, if you can cast some in a clear resin I would be down for a couple. I loved that movie. And that book. I would love a figure based on that role.

The following people have not contacted me regarding payment for the Clark head :tap

You requested these, and I cast them up to fulfill the requests. Please contact me. Tonight's the last night. If I don't hear from you, I'll be wiping the list clean. I'm not asking for payment tonight, just let me know you still want one, and when you'll be able to take care of it. Come on guys, I know most of you are out there. I can see when you've been online :(

Hollis DZC
Rockbottom
Scarbrs

Last edited:
Sorry, I was waiting to hear back from the painter I had lined up to see if he can also clean up the cast for me, I don't want to miss it though, so definately put me down for it.

Sorry, I was waiting to hear back from the painter I had lined up to see if he can also clean up the cast for me, I don't want to miss it though, so definately put me down for it.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep you on the list. Sent a PM too.
Dan

Just picked this up--not sure which Chevy I plan on doing. Fletch is leading b/c of ease, but I'd love a Chevy in Arctic Gear from Spies Like Us. :rock

Just want to put one last offer out there for a Chevy Chase head before I do something else with them. If anyone else is interested, please send a PM. Thanks!

Toy Anxiety has acquired the remaining Chevy Chase head sculpts and they can be purchased on the website here. Unless demand increases closer to Christmas, there will be no more castings of this head. Sorry guys who wanted Acrylic ones. There is not enough interest to warrant creating another mold. We are working on the possibility of some of his accessories. His Christmas Vacation tie is currently in the works. We have created and printed the material with the movie specific pattern, and once we have some tie's available, they will be offered on the website. Thanks to all who supported this commission!

Also, all paid head sculpts have been shipped.

sorry I got side tracked with predator stuff. I'll go to the site now and get one maybe someother items too.

Thanks.

Eric

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the finished figure. "Can I refill you eggnog Eddie? Drive you to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"
"nah Clark I'm doing just fine."
Cousin Eddie has to be next.

I can't wait to see the finished figure. "Can I refill you eggnog Eddie? Drive you to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?"
"nah Clark I'm doing just fine."
Cousin Eddie has to be next.

Spenser had planned to do Cousin Eddie, but he's not a high priority. I'm hoping to convince him by Christmas. We'll see.

Last edited:
Here's my Clark paint up. Hope you guys like it:
Picture014-1.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Looks great MJ :rock Can't wait to see the finished bash.

Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
Clark: I wasn't talking to you.

Hey, nice to see some activity, and some pics! Great paint job!

BTW, I have his tie in the works if anyone will need one. I was able to create the graphic in Photoshop, and then printed it on a sheet of material. I've got another guy cutting and sewing them together. I'll post when I have some available. Not sure how much yet.
Dan

Thanks for the comments guys :buff

Hey, nice to see some activity, and some pics! Great paint job!

BTW, I have his tie in the works if anyone will need one. I was able to create the graphic in Photoshop, and then printed it on a sheet of material. I've got another guy cutting and sewing them together. I'll post when I have some available. Not sure how much yet.
Dan

I'd be interested in a tie. Did you think about getting somebody to do the reindeer glasses for us?
CMGW3-MM002_Moose_Mug_front.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys :buff

I'd be interested in a tie. Did you think about getting somebody to do the reindeer glasses for us?

No, sorry, haven't looked into the mug. It has been hard enough trying to get the right clothing. It's certainly something he should have, but not sure how to accomplish it.

No, sorry, haven't looked into the mug. It has been hard enough trying to get the right clothing. It's certainly something he should have, but not sure how to accomplish it.

Best bet would be to get someone to sculpt it and cast it in clear resin.

Just finished this up for my buddy Slade. Threw a quick outfit together for some shots.

chevy1.jpg

chevy2.jpg

Back