CIV Exclusives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope these won't be too hard to get, but so far I haven't even been able to get the regular McQuarrie figures. :monkey2

Shameless plug:

For all you folks who are interested in the art prints I suggest you check out https://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=42&sid=f1aa565510f1d50c11ba76b821747c35 for more information. The art section over there has a ton of the C4 artists posting about their pieces with more artists joining every day.

Also... Jerry Vanderstelt has allowed me to post a preview of his C4 piece there. (Scroll down a bit in the thread to see it.) Check it out in this thread:

https://www.gentlegiantcollectors.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2266

Lastly.... there is a major announcement coming soon from GGCollectors.com regarding the art show. It is something EVERY person attending C4 who is even remotely interested in art will want to be part of. Keep your eyes peeled later this week.

Vanderstelt is amazing. I love all of his work. The layouts and execution are always phenomenal.

SHHHHHHVandersteltsnip.jpg

If that was the only part of the painting, it would still trump everyone else.

Other peoples work looks like children's drawings in comparison.

20070410_cummens_2_bg.jpg

HodgesCIV-Print.jpg

Yuck.

I like this one, but am at a loss trying to figure out why he blended EpIII source material with EpVI source material.
20070410_tween_2_bg.jpg

Last edited:
madden821 said:
I better start selling some stuff if I am going to be able to afford to get Luke, 3PO, R2 and like you say probably Vader off ebay.

Don't panic just yet...
Vader and Luke are supposed to be included in regular assortments at retail later in the year (sans special cardback & coin). Granted, judging from the heat this McQuarrie line is generating (and rightly so, they look great!), they won't be easy finds but they should be out there eventually. As for the droids...well, ALL of the con exclusives will hopefully be available through starwarsshop.com later in the summer...
My hope is that at the end of the year, be it a vendor (please NOT Target) exclusive or not...we might see a box set containing ALL of the McQuarrie figures (and maybe one new one)...

One last thing on these guys...wouldn't the Luke make an awesome Sideshow figure?

Hey collectorfreak... I love the tom hodges print you said was "yuck". Tom and Cynthia (the one you claim is a children's drawing) are wicked talented. They just draw in a stylized fashion. Believe me... I love Jerry's style a lot... but different strokes for different folks! It's all about what you like :D

I would actually love to get a print of that Tom Hodges piece for my office. Doesn't look like I will be making it to CIV, though. Hopefully there will be a few left over and sold through another outlet.

I plan on getting as much as I can well as much as my CC will allow, then anything I don't want will be put up here. Don't start calling stuff though I have not decied how I am going to do this yet.

Collector Freak said:
Can we get a checklist of everything from some willing fan? Perhaps a visual one?
I wanted to do it with photos but that tread would just be HUGE

mfoga said:
I plan on getting as much as I can well as much as my CC will allow, then anything I don't want will be put up here. Don't start calling stuff though I have not decied how I am going to do this yet.

So is it rude of me to call dibs on the Malak bust if you don't want it :monkey3 ?

Darth Loki said:
So is it rude of me to call dibs on the Malak bust if you don't want it :monkey3 ?
Depends can you get me a clone from the Baltimore Con:monkey3

Back