City Hunter Predator: Neca vs Hot Toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, appreciate it! :D

Sounds like after seeing the photos, you are getting both :yess:

Looking forward to see some pics.

Thanks again.

Will have to check out Tylerdurdem's Biomask to see the difference, you got a link to the Biomask?

Bro, thank YOU. Again, that comparison was off the charts.

Your pics were exactly what I needed in terms of making a judgement. And yes, I already I bought one online. Found a factory-sealed Neca 1/4 masked CH for $110 including shipping. That baby is on its way as we speak.

Yeah, do check TD's (Taylerdurdem) mask out, it makes the Hot Toys figure. Here's a link to his dedicated thread: action figure taylerdurdem´s 1/6 scar predator bio

PS.hi OM1D...i hope finish you mask today and send the next week..

Hi Alex, that sounds great. I can't wait. Mate, by the way, have you considered upscaling your CH biomask to fit Neca's CH? I'd buy that too instantly. Even though Neca's stock mask is WAY better than HT's.

The head and mask define this character. So yeah based on that, in my opinion the 2.0 version was very underwhelming. The figure felt rushed. It's the worst Pred figure I've owned, purely based on how disappointed I was.

I feel you regarding the biomask, man. But with TD's mask it goes from decent to nearly perfect. I know about the face likeness debate, but I for one like my predators masked, always. (Even though I have no problems with his face, just the mask.)

I feel you regarding the biomask, man. But with TD's mask it goes from decent to nearly perfect. I know about the face likeness debate, but I for one like my predators masked, always. (Even though I have no problems with his face, just the mask.)

TD's mask does indeed look great. My point was always that HT's should have nailed the accuracy from the start, especially as these are 2.0 versions. The P2 bio mask is my favourite mask design of all Preds (maybe on par with Wolf) so it was a big kick in the balls when HT's failed to deliver on the mask likeness.

I did consider it but then I decided to sell it. :D HT's should have spent more time aiming for an accurate mask and cannon from the start.

Who knows, we may get an accurate 3.0 version one day?...:lol

We still need more 2.0's yet mate, haha. Maybe in 5 or 6 years time. :wink1:

Still waiting for my Wolf 2.0. :impatient: Can't see it happening anymore though.

Tell me about it...:gah:

I really want a Chopper too, to go with my Scar and Celtic. :pray:

It looks like it will be Marvel up to the end of the year, then it will be all the new Star Wars episode VII figures. I don't blame Hot Toys from a relevance and sales perspective; but it's still frustrating for people who are waiting for other figures. :mad:

(OO)SKYLINE(OO) hat down for the effort. Those pics really made me love my P2 even more!! OM1D congrats for the purchase! You're gonna love that big bulky Pred. GreyGoose my friend I guess we will be still waiting for our Wolf... Just imagine it in 1/4 scale. Pure dream...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TD's mask does indeed look great. My point was always that HT's should have nailed the accuracy from the start, especially as these are 2.0 versions. The P2 bio mask is my favourite mask design of all Preds (maybe on par with Wolf) so it was a big kick in the balls when HT's failed to deliver on the mask likeness.
I totally feel you, and agree. Just glad people like TD do what they do to keep the makers' flaws less noticeable. At the end of the day, with TD's mask, this figure was un-passable for me. Just wish HT could've gotten it right themselves in the first place.

Tell me about it...:gah:

I really want a Chopper too, to go with my Scar and Celtic. :pray:

It looks like it will be Marvel up to the end of the year, then it will be all the new Star Wars episode VII figures. I don't blame Hot Toys from a relevance and sales perspective; but it's still frustrating for people who are waiting for other figures. :mad:
And Jungle Hunter 2.0 :pray: Meanwhile, I'm glad Neca's updating and re-releasing their masked Jungle Hunter (pre-ordered), as I haven't gotten that one yet with the insane eBay prices. Did catch a MISB closed mouth for a good price nevertheless. I hope one of these days, another maker acquires the Predator license. Imagine an Enterbay Jungle Hunter, or ThreeA Berserker...

OM1D congrats for the purchase! You're gonna love that big bulky Pred.
Thanks dude! Looking forward to it arriving.

Thanks to Skyline's side by side pics, and some photoshop, we now can have this:
P2 comparison.jpg

Bro, thank YOU. Again, that comparison was off the charts.

Your pics were exactly what I needed in terms of making a judgement. And yes, I already I bought one online. Found a factory-sealed Neca 1/4 masked CH for $110 including shipping. That baby is on its way as we speak.

Yeah, do check TD's (Taylerdurdem) mask out, it makes the Hot Toys figure. Here's a link to his dedicated thread: action figure taylerdurdem´s 1/6 scar predator bio

All good bro, thanks again :)

Wow, that's a good price, a really good price for a Hot Toys City Hunter.

Do post pics when you get it.

Thanks for posting up the link.

wow!! great review\comparison ..very thanks mate!!!

neca sculptures are impressive .in many cases are better than the hottoys. just have to disagree with plastic netting .but snood size is too large for my taste and my apartment
also say that in both cases the masks are horrible !!!!

PS.hi OM1D...i hope finish you mask today and send the next week..

Thank you.

You re-make of the Bio Mask / Mouth Piece / Cannon look so good! :clap

You'd figure Hot Toys should employ you to help sculpt it haha!

(OO)SKYLINE(OO) hat down for the effort. Those pics really made me love my P2 even more!! OM1D congrats for the purchase! You're gonna love that big bulky Pred. GreyGoose my friend I guess we will be still waiting for our Wolf... Just imagine it in 1/4 scale. Pure dream...

Thanks man, appreciate it :)

Thanks to Skyline's side by side pics, and some photoshop, we now can have this:
View attachment 198370

Oh nice!

Ok that seals the deal, Hot Toys did a closer job with the paint.

And still, the nicer finishing of the figure goes to Hot Toys.

But the NECA City Hunter is still a must buy due to it's pricing and size, hence buying both :)

Wow, that's a good price, a really good price for a Hot Toys City Hunter.

Do post pics when you get it.

The Neca 1/4 City Hunter I got for that price, mate. The Hot Toys one cost me $170, shipping included, factory sealed. Will definitely post pics when I've moved houses and actually opened these bad boys up.

Ok that seals the deal, Hot Toys did a closer job with the paint.

And still, the nicer finishing of the figure goes to Hot Toys.

But the NECA City Hunter is still a must buy due to it's pricing and size, hence buying both :)

Amen. Glad I got them both. Feels good to know I got what's out there in terms of P1 and P2 figures of this magnitude. (RIP, Stan Winston.)

If you get tied of waiting, you could do what me and few others have done; and convert the classic Predator.

Yeah, that's why I got the Hot Toys Classic Predator. I just need to find the trophies/conversion kit at a suitable price. The $110 a customizer asks for them here seems a bit hefty to be honest. I mean, it's kind of hard to justify that price given it's $10 more than the new Neca LED 1/4 Jungle Hunter. How did you convert yours?

Yeah, that's why I got the Hot Toys Classic Predator. I just need to find the trophies/conversion kit at a suitable price. The $110 a customizer asks for them here seems a bit hefty to be honest. I mean, it's kind of hard to justify that price given it's $10 more than the new Neca LED 1/4 Jungle Hunter. How did you convert yours?

Through German Beast, the kit you just mentioned. I bought the beads for the dreads as well. Had to paint all the beads already on the head + the purchased beads to get the correct gold colour. It was a PAIN IN THE ASS.... But worth it, I'm extremely happy with how he looks now. I still need to do some tweaking on the mask etc. I will post pictures when I'm finally done. :)

Through German Beast, the kit you just mentioned. I bought the beads for the dreads as well. Had to paint all the beads already on the head + the purchased beads to get the correct gold colour. It was a PAIN IN THE ASS.... But worth it, I'm extremely happy with how he looks now. I still need to do some tweaking on the mask etc. I will post pictures when I'm finally done. :)

I'd definitely buy it if it was around $65, but I don't know, the current price is half what I paid for the actual HT Classic MISB so I'm having second and third thoughts. That said, I'd love to see pics of your P1-converted Classic, mate.

The Neca 1/4 City Hunter I got for that price, mate. The Hot Toys one cost me $170, shipping included, factory sealed. Will definitely post pics when I've moved houses and actually opened these bad boys up.

$170 is still a very good price too :D

You did good!

Nice pics, man. Yeah, TD's mask is a must - I can't wait till mine gets here. Ordered the eyes-connected version and the cannon. Did you shorten the neck on your CH, or is it the stock neck? Nice mods all across nonetheless. Do you have Neca's CH too?

Thanks for the comment.
No, I did not shorten the neck on my HT CH.
I never plan to get Neca's 1:4 predator...they are too large for me.

Thanks for the comment.
No, I did not shorten the neck on my HT CH.
I never plan to get Neca's 1:4 predator...they are too large for me.

You modded yours, besides the TD biomask, right? Can I ask what you did and how? Looks really (really) good.

Thanks, bro. Did you get yours when they were released, or did you have to hunt for good prices as well?

I had to pre-order it and wait till it was released and delivered.

I paid a bit over $200+ AUS.

Having said that, I was willing to pay whatever as I missed out on the first release of City Hunter and had to wait till 2.0 was released.

So I was not going to miss out this round :)

Any updates/pics for this bad boy?

Have you checked out Tylerdurdem's (here on Sideshow freaks) biomask for the HT City Hunter? It completes it.
don't forget about tylerdurdem's shoulder cannon replacement, it's a work of art as well, and it has a right size.

Back