Cinemaquette - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure a 1:1 may be more impressive but it takes up much more space. Also, certain collectors want uniformity in scale with their collections. Unless one is a collector of life-size pieces, that just won't fit well in a collection.

Well, I'm sure there are collectors who specialize in Cinemaquettes, yes. But my point is that for a Star Wars collector, a 1/3 scale statue would stick out almost as much as a 1/1 one would.

I never set out to be an "accuracy snob" (in fact, I purposefully had my Vader helmet painted in an idealized fashion). However, once you put the time and $$$ into doing a 1:1, you naturally become less forgiving of smaller scale representations and their little inaccuracies. There is no reason a 1/3 scale Vader can't be better than this, and so given that, your money would be better spent on doing a faithful 1:1 scale Vader.

I don't know about this one it may be too pricey for what it is. Definitely too rich for my blood!

i guess if you have the room to display a full size 1:1 Sure it would be better maybe for the hardcore SW fan. but 1/3 scale to me is perfect , not too small, and not too big, for the room i have, if price is 2000 it really is not that much at all . compared to others cms. its the right price, and the best one yet, imo im sure this will be impresive in person, which i have not seen yet, but looking forward to it.

It starts with the 12" statue, then the 1/5, then 1/4, then 1/3, then Life size Bust, then 1:2 size. Full size 1:1 is probably just a matter of time. :wink1:

I never set out to be an "accuracy snob" (in fact, I purposefully had my Vader helmet painted in an idealized fashion). However, once you put the time and $$$ into doing a 1:1, you naturally become less forgiving of smaller scale representations and their little inaccuracies. There is no reason a 1/3 scale Vader can't be better than this, and so given that, your money would be better spent on doing a faithful 1:1 scale Vader.

:goodpost::exactly:

So it's officially up for pre-order, no idea when it's going to be released though.

From the pictures on the order page the problems with this piece are still obvious and still haven't been corrected. Despite the criticisms leveled at the leg spacing and the length of the legs and raised arm the only major change seems to have been the removal of the rear barrier and light...?
Ok take something good out, and leave the wonky pose in....
:ohbfrank:

:thud:

I smell another Star Wars Frames. IMHO, grossly overpriced for what you get, which IMO is an oddly-posed, unproportionate, misguided attempt. An Empire Strikes Back Vader Reveal?? To those who like it, enjoy, but an easy pass for me.

The description says:

'Remove Vader's helmet to reveal the likeness of Anakin Skywalker, as portrayed by Sebastian Shaw, reproduced in our trademark "silicon-skin" sculpting process. '

This implies the helmet goes over the portrait and that the portrait is not removable.

You think that is the case?

I don't think it's to bad. If would help if they can just turn that boot to line up with his thigh.

The description says:

'Remove Vader's helmet to reveal the likeness of Anakin Skywalker, as portrayed by Sebastian Shaw, reproduced in our trademark "silicon-skin" sculpting process. '

This implies the helmet goes over the portrait and that the portrait is not removable.

You think that is the case?

That's right. The portrait fits in the helmet.

Do they offer payment plans 2000 is a lot of coin might just have to wait for the ne darth vader pf that will eventually come out

Ordered. It will be replacing the 1:1 Vader in my display:

D1.jpg

I was tempted to order, but I just can't get over that pose. I may have to look to getting a proper vader commissioned.

I'm a Vader Collector and was worried that everything came out at the freakin same time...

But I ordered it...I"m gonna find out if George can still adjust that leg -- it's the only thing that bothers me (twist that boot to line up pls)... but not enough to pass ... I"m a hard-core Vader collector and the only important things I've passed on were the pewters and the bronzes -- not a big fan of Vader if he's not his proper colors, but I am getting this for sure ... every single Vader item I have is not perfect and they are all sculpted differently, so I don't mind the variety, the minor imperfections, the quirks - it makes collecting easier to enjoy...plus I have the helmets, and the efx ones coming and a lifesize - the imperfect, but now very rare Rubies/ Michael Burnett one (and mine is technically "screen used" -- albeit in the cheesy flick Benchwarmers - NOT Star Wars =P)

Back